Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: xs

Videochat with Ipad / Iphone

Friends have a ipad and iphones and I am thinking of purchasing a blackberry playbook.  

Am I am able to videochat with ipad / iphones

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Videochat with Ipad / Iphone

sorry not at this time

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

Hello Mingleheaven.

That facility is available. www.faceflow.com is a cross o/s video talk programme which has conference facilities. It is free. It uses the internet browser to ro connect.

Regards

Regards to all (except BB)
New Contributor

Hi Thanks for that.

Would you down load the android app for the playbook or go via the browser.

Its looking like a possible purchase the playbook if I can get it to do what I want it to do - video chat with people who have iphones/ipad since I can't afford one of them, convert an app so it will accept kindle books.

Cheers

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Mingleheaven

Just ask the other users to go to www.faceflow.com and log in. They make you a 'friend' as you do to them. They and you can both chat. Have a look at the site and watch the video. It really is that easy. The best benefit is that conference facilities are available. The 'skype' app in android is 'one to one' only, ulness you pay extra. This is a free programme. In 2013 when the new BB10 operating system comes out the developer has said that they will have an app available.

The 'Book Reader for Epub and Kindle books' app for Playbook is .99 and can read kindle and most other formats. I use only epub. Kobo is provided but I have never found it to my liking.

Hope this helps

Regards

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

rossjackson01 wrote:

Hello Mingleheaven.

That facility is available. www.faceflow.com is a cross o/s video talk programme which has conference facilities. It is free. It uses the internet browser to ro connect.

Regards

does it support video on playbook both ways?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Hi

thanks for that.

Looks like I will be purchasing a playbook as I think you have convinced me to take the plunge.

Can you explain how the epub works?  The reason I ask is that I have kindle so would like to know how I switch between the two.  Hope that makes sense.

Basically I want to be able to purchase kindle books to read on my playbook and kindle still.  I want the option.

Guru III
My Device:

you can side load the andriod kindle app, i did this for my mother in law

Trusted Contributor

Knotty rope

Video is supported both ways.

Regards

Ross

Guru III
My Device:

that is nice to know, I might have to try this out tonight. Thanks for sharing