Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

WHY IS THERE NO ALBUM ARTWORK WHEN I COPY MUSIC ACROSS?

YET ANOTHER problem with this Playbook; I used to have a lot of music on my Playbook; with all the album covers showing. Since the Playbook got 'repaired' & I had to re-install everything, NONE of the album artwork is there in any of my music, apart from a few albums downloaded from Amazon etc. The album covers are there in iTunes, which is where the music is being copied from; Why is it not copying across to the Playbook?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: WHY IS THERE NO ALBUM ARTWORK WHEN I COPY MUSIC ACROSS?

Did you "Sync" with itunes using the desktop software, which should take artwork with it, or simply manually copy across the music tracks (without copying the artwork)?

My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Check the comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPpX6UcNqzU

I hope this helps

Reply to both of the last messages - I tried BOTH ways of copyng music across - first I 'synched' using the BB software - this brought almost NO artwork across at all, apart from the very few MP3 downloads I have bought via Amazon (almost all my music is copied from CDs I have bought). So I tried deleting a few albums & copying them again by manually dragging them across via the Finder window (I am using a Mac). This did not work either.

Second reply above; the Youtube video is not helpful as he seems to be using Windows. When I look at my albums in the Finder window on my Mac there is no JPG file showing at the top of the tracks.

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

AliWonder wrote:

Second reply above; the Youtube video is not helpful as he seems to be using Windows. When I look at my albums in the Finder window on my Mac there is no JPG file showing at the top of the tracks.

No, actually what is not helpful is that you have not stated what operating system you are using, Win, or Mac or whatever. The user made that suggestion based ONLY on the information you have provided, none of which states you're using a Mac.

Both Wolf and Jarviser have been helpful to you. And I think you not only owe them an apology, but a thank you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I just answered the questions I was asked - quite clearly and politely - nobody asked me if I was using a Mac or not. There's no need to be rude.

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

AliWonder wrote:

I just answered the questions I was asked - quite clearly and politely - nobody asked me if I was using a Mac or not. There's no need to be rude.

Your response could have simply been made to state that you don't have a PC, but a Mac, but instead his posting the youtube video WAS helpful, because it reminded you to pass along the Mac information. I'm not being rude, only asking that you be thankful to those who are helping you.

Right?

Anyway, let's get back on topic.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I

The itunes reference was the reason I had to assume you had a Mac. We are in a minority so we have to fess up if we want help here. Generally the Mac + Playbook experience with such things as desktop software and wifi sharing are easier on a Mac, but sometimes like with sideloading you have to remind otherwise helpful people that the usual options are not available to us "but here is the mac solution".

I sync from an itunes playlist called "Playlist" so I son't sync all 8000 songs,  but not all the artwork comes through. I don't know why but I thought you might have more luck. The 3 out of 10 that do come through don't have any common  factors that I can ascertain.

Don't bother with iphoto unless you have a spare weekend.

Thank you; I should have guessed it would be a Mac issue.... I do have a tiny lap-top with Windows XP & Windows Media Player on; not all of my music is on there, but I guess I could try copying a few things from there to see if the artwork comes through...? 

Forums Veteran I

AliWonder wrote:

Thank you; I should have guessed it would be a Mac issue.... I do have a tiny lap-top with Windows XP & Windows Media Player on; not all of my music is on there, but I guess I could try copying a few things from there to see if the artwork comes through...? 

More likely an interface issue, could be on either side of the cable. Try windoze and see if it is any better. Good luck getting Desktop Software to connect on XP (!).