Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: playbook 64gig
My Carrier: bell

Waited long enough... Time now to take action

Bought this device shortly after launch.

Waited... Waited... Waited...

Not waiting until OS 2 is released to throw it out...

I did it today.

Then bought a real tablet that works as it should.

Bye RIM... What a waste of time.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Waited long enough... Time now to take action

I applaud your decision. I would have tossed mine months ago but 1) dont have the money to throw away, and 2) I am a sucker for the little teasers like how email work with the leaked Android app a couple of months ago..... but maybe for xmas you can get me a Toshiba Thrive - - - so jealous of the external storage, great businessvapps REAL doc editors etc. So thumbs up on your choice. PLEASE LET US KNOW THE PROS AND CONS OF YOUR NEW TABLET
Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Curve 9300
My Carrier: Manx Telecom

I was an early adopter with the playbook. I think the build quality is great but it lacked apps. I sold it for a loss and bought an iPad 2. I havent looked back. It is a great piece of kit which is weel built too. Ok so no flash but that really isn't much of an issue. Good luck
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

You know the funny thing is back in July I purshased an Ipad2 and the playbook to compare the 2 before returning one. I ended up returning the IPad 2 based on the promises from RIM. I am having a very bad case of buyers remorse. I am actually sick to my stomach on the progress they have made with functionality.

I feel cheated and lied to and they keep going back on their word. The co-CEO should stop talking and leave PR to Mike. I am out of the country so I am not at the luxury of selling this device. I feel like I am being held hostage by this piece of **bleep**.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Curve 9300
My Carrier: Manx Telecom

I am sorry you returned the ipad2. I travel worldwide and the iPad is pretty much faultless. I would say though the blackberry curve is a great little device
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 Playbook
My Carrier: Telkomsel Indonesia

life is a choice
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

I wish they would give me an address to send my playbook back to them so they could finish with the software load that they have promised since I bought it.  I would send it back to the address in the contact page but I don't want them to mistake it for something else. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Many of us are sad about the lack of native email support and no OS 2 until February.

The hardware is best of all tablets IMO. The OS is very solid for me. I dont see a lack of apps in app world, but how many do you really need?

I dont mind the wait as my Torch does email with bridge. I have plenty of apps on my playbook (would like angry birds and BBM groups though) and dont see the need for many more but this is not the case for everyone.

If you decide to leave, good luck. If you stay, we are glad to have you hear.

If you have a question please ask it, this is a support forum after all.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Optus

Quote: I dont see a lack of apps in app world, but how many do you really need?

I see a bunch of Ebooks released every day?