Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 0

Waiting to send Playbook for Repairs / How Long?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone from here has any experience with receiving  package return box from Blackberry Support team . My playbook is around 1 year old and camera stopped working with Error 4003 which it seems to be hardware issue . Now I contacted Support team 3 weeks ago and they sent me a package first one a following week but I never received it . Apparently it got lost on the way . That was after 8 business days . Called them again on Wednesday guy said that they will sent another package and that I should get it latest by Friday . Well Friday is been and gone and still nothing . Yet I called again same response wait till Monday . I mean how long you should wait REALLY for package to be delivered to you?

Person on the support team said that I should contact Australia Post and trace package myself ? Also he said it is my device and I something like it is my problem kind of..Very disappointed in everything here. Always have all the best to say about Blackberry and defend them in this hard times for the company buy now I'm not sure anymore really.

Other thing that got me is what happens if/when I receive package return box and I send Playbook to them and it gets lost on the way  like first package ? Who will be responsible then ? 

If anyone can help me out give me some info what to do next is appreciated .

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Waiting to send Playbook for Repairs / How Long?

[ Edited ]

Somewhere in the middle of the post I saw the word "Australia" . Can you confirm that's where you live, and are you dealing with Blackberry Australia or Canada, or where? Then maybe someone can give their experiences in that country.

Bear in mind the guy dealing may be one of the 4,500 being fired. 

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 0

Thank for reply mate and yes I'm from Australia . At first I taught I'm dealing with Australia Support team just to found out the number that they provided me is located somewhere in Western Europe . And why is the warranty different such is that here in Australia warranty is 2 years but elsewhere is just 12 months ?

"Bear in mind the guy dealing may be one of the 4,500 being fired. "  That's spot on mate . After I finished talking with this guy the news popped up about Blackberry loss and about jobs that will go . Well Monday is here wait and see Let you know .

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Well Blackberry warranty specifically states local warranty laws will override it. But more important service quality, availability and speed will vary enormously across the globe, so hopefully someone from Oz will give their experiences.