Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook. 16GB
My Carrier: Ziggo.nl
Accepted Solution

Warning for removed pdf document

hello,

everytime I start my PlayBook I get a warning with an explanation mark naming aan pdf file that I download some time ago. I read the document and after that I deleted the file. And now I get this warning in the upper legt corner and the only thing I can do is click it away,because I can not find the file.

Can anybody help! 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: Warning for removed pdf document

[ Edited ]

Gijs47 wrote:

hello,

everytime I start my PlayBook I get a warning with an explanation mark naming aan pdf file that I download some time ago. I read the document and after that I deleted the file. And now I get this warning in the upper legt corner and the only thing I can do is click it away,because I can not find the file.

Can anybody help! 

We're going to need some more info to help you. Screenshots are helpful. To take a screenshot on your PlayBook simultaneously press the volume up and volume down buttons for a few seconds (until you hear a camera shutter sound) do this for each step of the process you experience. Then, they will be in: \\YOUR-PLAYBOOK-NAME\media\camera\IMG_00000048.png using a computer to connect to your PlayBook (this means having File Sharing and Wi-Fi Sharing turned ON under the Storage and Sharing heading of the PlayBook settings [gear icon up by battery indicator - top right hand of screen]. I also have Password Protect turned on and have assigned a simple password that I will remember on the tablet as well as when connecting through Windows). Anyhow, once this is turned on on the PlayBook, go to Windows Explorer on your computer. From Windows, go under the Network tree and expand it. You will EVENTUALLY (it takes a bit of time to show up so be patient) see the PlayBook. Browse to the above path I mentioned earlier and find the PNG screenshots.  Then attach them to this thread post as ATTACHMENTS (right hand side of web interface). You have to browse/attach one at a time for each image. Then update this thread post with the screenshots. From there we can give you more assistance hopefully.

You can also see the screenshots in an album folder referred to as Camera Pictures using the Pictures Application but I find it's easier to update this forum with a real computer's web browser rather than fooling around with the PlayBook itself uploading images.

It may be as simple as recreating a fake PDF and uploading it to the path that your PlayBook is expecting the deleted PDF to be at. To do this, you will need to do things through a computer so the above procedure will help you get to that stage...

Anyhow, this is a start. Bottom line is we need more info. to help you.

Thanks.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello

I couldn't find the attachment button you talked about so I decided to copy the two images I made.

Edit: while posting the reply both the pictures have disappeared. Maybe you can explain to me how to make attachments

On the first one you see the explanation mark appearing on the upper left corner while the red lines in that corner are flashing. I I click on the mark the message of picture 2 is appearing but I don't know the meaning of that message. it is just giving an explanation. The file is a newsletter of my bank. I already tried to download and the newsletter again but that didn't help.

Maybe you can help me

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

I have attached a screenshot of how to attach a screenshot. The thing is, you have to click POST (beside the Cancel button below this white form box)

In answer to your reply though, the PlayBook is giving you a notification when you see those two red lines (90 degrees) by the exclamation mark with a white circle on it. That's a good sign. Emails, app updates and feedback are provided by the tablet to you in that area. Now, I will need to see what the reference is to the PDF though...I know the image attachment process is frustrating on here but we'll work our way through this. I think we can fix your issue.

Contributor

I'm sorry I don't have such an attachment box. I only have the Message Tags box

Forums Advisor I

OK, are you using a computer or the PlayBook to send me your reply? Is it possible you can try a computer and it's web browser? I am using Firefox to reply to you right now.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm also using Firefox but as said before I miss the Attachment box

On my playbook I also don't have the attachment box

Forums Advisor I

[ Edited ]

Then unfortunately I can not help you any further if you don't see the same interface I have...wait a minute, you can try to upload the images to a 3rd party image host too and post the full URL here...

I just tried one on http://www.freeimagehosting.net/ Use the first YOUR IMAGE LINK URL. I just tried it myself using the previous image http://www.freeimagehosting.net/laeee

Contributor

Hi,

I think I have an European UISmiley Sad

This is the first picture http://www.freeimagehosting.net/oui2d

This is the second one: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/xwfdf

Forums Advisor I

[ Edited ]

OK, first thing, charge your PlayBook. You don't want to let your battery get below 20% ever...trust me on that one. Give me a second here to write this up properly. I will edit the post accordingly.

So what happens when you tap on the android looking icon or the notification itself? Anything? I am hoping to get details of what the error itself says...I DO see that the PDF file is being stored on the Android side of the file system. That is a big clue...I am trying to track down WHERE exactly that's located on the PlayBook. You may need to install an app such as ES File Explorer or Ghost Commander to snoop around the file system to find that PDF.

Also, I see you're a guitar player...you should consider getting Guitar Pro from the App World. It's pretty awesome and worth the money in my opinion.

I also have some Android ports of Tab Pro and Sonsterr too you might want, they're pretty awesome. If you private message me with your email address, I'll send them to you. They're free Android ports so if you learn how to sideload Android apps, you can install them and use them. They're not pirated apps but are legit freebies ported over to work on the Android Player. I think you'd like them.