Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch / Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

Watching Triple Play Blu Ray Digital Copy on Playbook

Hi

I recently bought a playbook for long journeys etc...

I have several triple play blu rays which give me a digital copy of the film (Hangover 2)...

I was wondering how easy is it to put onto playbook? Has anyone tried it? Do I need to convert it? Is there an app

Any suggestions or methods appreciated in advance

Kind regards

Hiren

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Watching Triple Play Blu Ray Digital Copy on Playbook

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch / Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

Hi thanks for your reply

I haven't even opened the blu ray yet...I was just curious...but will attempt tonight hopefully.

Thank you for the links it  gives me a good starting point!

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Me

Hi Hiren
Assuming you've been buying the same movies that I have been, none of them will work on your Playbook. Do a quick Google search for DRM converters. The quality of the final converted video will depend on how powerful your computer is, so be sure to try out whatever free trials you can. I used Daniu-soft DRM Converter, but I had no luck with the final products, so I've just stuck to ripping the DVDs of the movies.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8900/playbook
My Carrier: CMM

You wanna watch blu ray disc movies on playbook? i remember i have answered one similiar question before。。。
If the Hangover 2 is a digiral copy, then it gets simple, all you have to do is google a free mp4 video converter like this and convert the digital copy to mp4, which will be very fast.
http://download.cnet.com/Leawo-Free-MP4-Converter/3000-2194_4-10898354.html?tag=mncol;1

If it's a blu ray disc, you will have to install a blu ray ripper to decode the disc and then convert to mp4.

**bleep**, i can't find that thread already, but you can google this thing by yourself, it's called Leawo blu ray ripper, not sure if it's still for charge or not