Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: We need a 10" screen !!!!!!!!!!

7 is the perfect size. I tried a few other tablets and tehy were a bit too big.

I use mine in bed a lot to watch movies, game, music etc. and holding a heavier tablet would not be fun.

A 10 in might be good for those that with to replace their laptop and for that I agree a bigger screen will help.

making the playbook in vairous sizes might be a good idea for some.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Fido

What is tablet? A device you can carry easily and not a cell phone which is too small, and a laptop too heavy. 7" is a perfect size for this purpose. I like my playbook even after I tried the ASUS prime last night. It is too big for me to carry everywhere.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530, Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: US Cellular

Oh no, I don't need a 10 inch screen!!!

I was just traveling last weekend by plane to LAX. I had my Playbook in my purse. No hassels from security, unlike my husband with his laptop who had to pull it out each time and have it visable.

The BB Playbook was easily transported everywhere we went. I was able to show photos of a family wedding the week before via Facebook to our relatives. Awesome!!

The size is just perfect for me.

I just wish BB would promote their incredible product better. The bridge function has been super with my BB Curve 8530 (which I still LOVE btw).

I love having a larger screen to answer emails.

Another feature that BB does not seem to be promoting is the Adobe Flash feature, which is another giant plus over Apple products.

I personally would not be looking for a 10 inch screen. I know some people would want one, but for me I will be leaving my laptop home and taking my Playbook on the road. I often find myself picking up the BB Playbook at night over my laptop.

I was origianlly unsure just how much I would use this product, but I use it daily and traveling was just super with it!!

Five stars *****  Can't wait fo rthe new OS in Feb to see how it improves it!

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

To echo some. I carry and use by 7" PB and use it 10+ hours per day. Where my 10.1" Android (GTab) sits on my desk. Though there are some apps still missing for the PB, but the quality that I find in the Android market is overall, very poor. Neither perfect, but I still enjoy my PB more than my GTAB.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

When the Samsung Galaxy Note comes out with it's 5.3" screen, even the 7" PlayBook may become redundant?

Check it out:

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note/index.html?type=find

For now the PB is ideal but I forsee smartphones like the Note will be the way of the future.

DC-IT
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

hope you have a big head or that phone will look huge next to it

or maybe this might look better

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
My Device: Playbook & 9700
My Carrier: Telus

10" screen? I would just buy a laptop then, just as "portable".

7" is perfect, heck wasn't there even rumors that apple wanted to explorer the possbility of a 7" ipad after stevejobs passed?

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Fido

The key to success for tablet is portbility, everything on-the-air. On the contray, the solution would be laptop or notebok, or ultrabook.

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: internet

I truly like everything about the hardware of this pseudo organizer. It's the lack of fundamental applications and the crab attitude of this silly so calledblackberry culture that I really despise.
The screen size was actually one one my deciding factors of my purchase.
Guru III
My Device:

netflicksandskipe wrote:
It's the lack of fundamental applications and the crab attitude of this silly so calledblackberry culture that I really despise.

yes we know what two apps are important to you

crab? my culture?

my avatar it a train, chugga chugga PlayBook, chugga chugga BlackBerry

I come here to assist others for fun and enjoy helping others, maybe you need a new church or something higher to believe in