Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 3 aus

What a mistake

Perhaps someone could help.

I bought the Playbook on the first day of release.

The first problem I have is that my computer with desktop manager will not recognize the playbook.

But I could load pictures and music via wi fi .

I have tried to get the desktop manager to work at least 3 different computers,but no go.All the computers recognize my Blackberry Phones.

An ota download started,2 nights ago for the . The downlaod at first would not complete after 4 tries.

Thinking something I downloaded may be interefereing with the download,i did a security wipe.BIG MISTAKE.

Now when started up the tablet immediatley stsrts to searh for the update.It downloads the 297 mb file,but quits about 30% of the way into the download.Then I get 2 buttons come up <a choice > either to shutdown and try later or try again now.

When started again the tablet sterts looking for the update again and fails again,and this goes on and on,no change.Because it wont start ,i have no access to the pin for the Tablet.I also cannot register for support.I tried to when i had the Pin before the update but the registration said my phone number was not valid.(?)

So now I'm left in Limbo with a bricked Playbook,and having given RIM a large donation. Lucky I kept my Ipad .I needed to use Flash ,because some sites I use for work dont work on the ipad,looks like Im back to carrying the laptop again,and use the Playbook as a picture frame.Oh Well. Mike

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 3 aus

What a mistake followup

Oh,I forgot to mention that Blackberry Bridge and the tethering stopped working for no apparant reason ,before I updated.I have spent 2 days trying to solve this and have given up.I think manufacturers have a lot of gaul releasing unfinished products,and making purchasers do all the work finding solutions.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv STV100-4
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: Problems with Desktop Manager.

I too was having difficulty getting BB Desktop Manager to recognise both the Playbbok and my device (9780). Even though the PlayBook or the device were connected to my desktop I would get a 'Disconnected' in the bottom right hand corner of the BB Desktop Manager.  I sent an e-mail to Technical Support (remember we have 90 days free technical support!) and got the following reply (all was resolved and both my device and my PlayBook connect perfectly with my BB Desktop Manager):

With regards to your issue please follow the steps below:

>> Please Uninstall the Desktop Software(Desktop Manger) from your Computer.

>> Please follow this link to install the latest version of the Desktop software 6.0.2:

>> Playbook will only connect to 6.0.2 Desktop Software.

>> After you upgrade the Desktop software if the Blackberry Device is still comes at disconnected please follow the links below:

>> You should be able to connect your Device with the Desktop Software and your Playbook.

Do as the above says, even though your BB Desktop Manager has been upgraded to 6.0.2.  My had been upgraded but obvioulsy did not work properly.  Deleting it and reloading V6.0.2 resolved the problems.

Good luck!  Hopefully you will be reassured that it was not a mistake to buy the PlayBook.  I am!