Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Where are my downloads?

[ Edited ]

Don't worry about Playbook's Downloads folder, without special tools you can' see it.

Your experiences with the Chrome extension have prompted me to improve the detail in the instructions.

Try this for size.

Get app from here http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook/playbook-android-apps/

and download to your personal computer.

The following works on PC, Mac or Ubuntu which is why I use it rather than the tools recommended by goodereader. Commands may vary with versions and computers, these are for my Macbook with Mountain Lion and Google Chrome v 23.0

Put PlayBook into "Development  mode" at diagonal top swipe, settings, security,  and set a password, preferably using same one as the main playbook password

Diagonal swipe again to get the icons bar and tap the dev mode icon (white person with star) and make a note of the dev mode ip address

Get Google Chrome browser on your computer from here http://www.google.com/chrome  (for Ubuntu install Chromium)

When installed , go to Chrome’s Preferences, then Extensions, then Get (more) Extensions and search for an Extension called “Playbook App Manager” and install it.

With the extension, Playbook App Manager showing, click on Options.

In Device Hostnames/IPs box  type in the IP address obtained above.

Click on Save

Click on the “Manage Your Devices” IP address at the bottom of the text

Click “Connect Anyway” if you get a red warning page.

In next page type the dev mode password in the box.

You will see a list of installed apps displayed.

Top RH you will see Install Apps button, click it and navigate to the downloaded app on the computer.

Highlight and click Open.

Your app is installed and will appear on the list, and its icon will be somewhere on your three Playbook screens.

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Where are my downloads?

Thanks; but this is precisely, exactly, to the letter, exactly what I did. I even tried doing the whole process again; but the app is there already, right at the top of the list of installed apps. I've now installed it 4 times in fact, & the app manager says 'success' every time, but it is still nowhere to be seen on the playbook. There are only 2 home screens, but it's not on either of them. If I click 'launch', in the app manager, it opens the app on the playbook, but when I close it off it's invisible again so I cannot access it.