Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook - and 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Where did my pictures, videos and music go??

All of the music, photos and videos i had on my playbook have disappeard.   After a review, they are actually not gone but not accessable from the pictures, videos and music applications.   If I look at the air browser, I can see all of them.  if a take a new photo it also goes into a vacume and is not accessable from the resident apps.   Tried looking for a place to reset the location or reset indexes - no luck after a few hours looking.   Any ideas?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Where did my pictures, videos and music go??

have you tried to restart the playbook?

or hold power button for 20 seconds to restart it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Yeah.  Tried a bunch.  As an FYI - I worked at BB for 5 years so devices are not new to me.  

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

bmillar100 wrote:

Yeah.  Tried a bunch.  As an FYI - I worked at BB for 5 years so devices are not new to me.  

but how would i know that?

I wonde if tehre is a thumbs.dat file or something similar that is corrupt. I usually delete them when having an issue on my phone.

How many pics do you have? I wonder what happens if you move some to a diff folder either on device or to a PC

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

you wouldn't - i didnt mean it to be a dig.  just adding context.

I'll check on the thumbs files - should I just deleteall the thumbs files?

Guru III
My Device:

bmillar100 wrote:

you wouldn't - i didnt mean it to be a dig.  just adding context.

I'll check on the thumbs files - should I just deleteall the thumbs files?

no worries, I didnt take it as a dig andonly respond to with what data is posted.

yes delete them

New Contributor

Interesting - my problems seem to have just gotten worse.  I can't get the USB connection to initiate.  I can't connect to my laptop.   Also not charging using that jack.  The desktop cradle works just fine but that's not allowing me to connect to the laptop. I have tried 3 cables - so it't not the cable.  

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

shut down PC for 15 sec and turn it back on

leave playbook connected and wait for it to be reconized, If on 7 it might take a min.

You can alos access playbook files via wifi file sharing if you enable it on playbook and use \\x.x.x.x in file manager with playbook IP