Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Wheres the support?

I got my playbook about 3 months ago directly from this website. Now, my wifi stopped working completely. My playbook cannot even connect to a modem. In an attempt to fix it, just incase I messed with some option somewhere, I reset it to factory settings. Now it is stuck after choosing a language because it NEEDS to connect to the internet in order to create an account on the playbook. So, I now have a useless playbook that I cannot even listen to music or look at books with or anything. Ive looked EVERYWHERE for support, since there is a one year warranty on faulty equiptment I expected easy connection to employees. There is no phone number I can call because they require a ticket number which I cannot get. I tried to do technical support direct online but it will not recognize my username for some strange reason, even though I know they do because I tried to create a new account but says the e-mail has already been used. What else can I do? I even tried calling the blackberrie smartphones technical service phone# since they are the only ones with a technical support number but they wont answer either. I also tried the spanish number, since if you click the i need spanish number it gives you a new phone number but that number does not work!

What am I to do now? isnt this grounds for a lawsuit or something?

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16gb
My Carrier: None

Re: Wheres the support?

I think Blackberry has very quitely stopped all support for the Playbook.
Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Did you do a reset or did you do a Security Wipe? I believe you are able to do some resets but only a Security Wipe will really send the system back to its original condition. Go to Settings > Security and select Security Wipe. then after you get it set up again you probably will have to download the latest OS which is 2.1.0.1753.

Yes it is frustrating that BB is not offering much, if any support. It is equally sad that that this forum is also dieing. Your message is 2 weeks old without much response.
New Contributor

Well, The way I reset the playbook was via the blackberry link program. there is a button to push there. As for a security wipe, is that the option within the internet explorer itself? if so then yes i did that before restoring to factory settings. Now I cannot see any options at all since it is stuck after the choosing a language window. My only options now when I turn on the playbook is to choose a language then to wait for the wifi to connect to a modem, which it just scans forever. From that window I cannot slide my finger down for extra options or do anything other than choose to scan then wait forever.
Developer

The Security Wipe is in the Settings section of the PB itself. The Settings icon is in the upper right corner of the tablet screen. But what you are describing now is that you can not getting to the PB desktop to go to the Settings selection. Is that right? Can you turn off wifi? Upper right corner of the PB desktop screen. If you can try that and then do Security Wipe.
New Contributor

you are correct, I cannot get in the desktop screen at all, So I cannot move any options around in the playbook itself.
Developer

Not sure where you can go from here. Unfortunate that people who are far more knowledgable than I have not offered any assistance. Like I say this forum is gradually dieing.

With some other issues there have been suggestions to hold down both of the volume buttons, both up and down, at the same time for about 20 seconds. Can't remember what this does, I think it is some sort of hard reboot. At this point you can't lose. 

You need to get to the Settings function and do a Security Wipe.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

lotusplague wrote:
you are correct, I cannot get in the desktop screen at all, So I cannot move any options around in the playbook itself.

Install BlackBerry Link on your computer, then turn the power off on the PlayBook, connect it to the computer and it should then offer you to repair the OS, do this

BTW you will loose all information that are already on the PlayBook (documents, photos, video, etc...), the program can be re-install if you use the BBID

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Maybe I am doing it wrong but the only options I get after force shutting down then reconnecting is reconnect or reload on the blackberry link program.