Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: bold
My Carrier: bell

Why BB makes it so easy to hate them!

Why BB makes it so easy to hate them!

The reason why I went with BB is because it is a Canadian Co and I wanted to encourage business from my country. I have bought 3 BB products so far, 2 cell phones and the PB.  With all 3, I have experience problems. My 2 cell phones had to be replaced because the OS was falty. And the first one was still falty, but I have decided to keep it... my own fault.

All 3 always crash for no apparent reason. With my bold, how many times do I have to remove the batterie to restart it, even if I have the app RestartMe.

But enough of the Cell phones. Lets talk about the Playbook.

-How many times do you have to let it die so it will eventually restart when you plug it back?

-How many times App World crash while downloading apps... so you loose all apps in cue?

-How many apps constently crash for no reason? (Well, there's got to be a reason, but I have no idea why)

-Why is the "Power Off" is not working? (Have to hold down the power button in order to turn it off or restart)

-How long BB has been in business and why don't they seem to be able to have a decent OS?

I am waiting for the next OS generation, the 10, (If it ever get to that) and I might give them one more chance. RIght now I hate my Bold and I hate my PB. So many times I feel like going outside with a hammer and a camera and smashing all 3 products and sending 'em to BB and posting the video on Youtube, warning anyone to buy there products and go with an Android.

I am sick and tired of BB AND RIM. In the mean time I will use my PB for little stupid games. Maybe that is why it is called "PLAYbook".

A not happy customer and soon to go with Android!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Why BB makes it so easy to hate them!

Fred,
My PB and only RIM product has been great from day 1. I can download and run apps without problems. I can't answer a lot of your questions. To turn on your PB , you have to hold the button down for at least 2 seconds and then wait for it to start. It could take up to 4 minutes to reboot. If you have minor glitches in your PB performance, you can do something similar to a computer with their Control - Alt - Delete. On the PB, you do the three button reset. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes. To put the PB to standby, tap the Power Button.
I don't understand your question 1 above about letting it die before restarting. Can you be more specific on that one.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Why BB makes it so easy to hate them!

I also like my BB phone and Playbook as devices are concerned. It's BB's lack of imagination I am concerned with. For example my playbook will tell me I have an incoming. call.but won't allow me to answer it. It has gps capabilities but not any good programs to showcase it. I thought maybe I could putbaway my tomtom but that isn't gonna happen. Maybe a decent Mp3 player. Audio voice commands would be great for handsfree as I have a dashmount. I have drive safely program 4my BB phone. But answering calls in my playbook would be my first choice for improvement. I don't know how many times I have been in a hotel room on a business trip and my phone rings while I'm using my playbook composing an email  or report and my phone rings. Now I have to get up to answer it cause its charging across the room and lose my train of thought. In summary I think. BB has great products that have no support with future development.