Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Why have I lost the icons to BB Bridge???

Everything seemed to be going well, as I've been learning slowly bout the Playbook. I have been able to connect to the internet via bridge mode tethering, wifi etc. Today, attempting to tether I couldn't connect. So, I checked all the connections for bluetooth ect. I noticed that there were no icons for BB Bridge on the home screen, nor on the scroll list next to all, favorites, media, and games.
What the heck happened. I did load a couple apps from app world, like Air Browser, Unit converter, and PDF Creator, but why would that delete BB Bridge? Do I need to do a hard reset and reload the version I have is 1.0.8.6067
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Re: Why have I lost the icons to BB Bridge???

Try scrolling horizontally instead of tapping bb bridge icon.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Why have I lost the icons to BB Bridge???

[ Edited ]

After speaking with the 90day BB tech support, they told me it was best to reload the OS.

They said my situation was odd, and that they've not heard of this happening.  I offered a suggestion of possible downloading of apps pushing others off.  Also, I would think there would be an indication of memory full, not allowing the download or capacity check before download.

Well, the new OS is installed and everything seems to be working like new. So, I'm happy for now, but the tech in me want's to know why....

So, here are a few questions for you true developers;

1. Is there a capacity check before loading new apps?

2. Is there a memory indicator that will allow or deny due to size of app? (I know there is a list with the hardware setting, but wondered if there would be a pop-up of some sort, warning "near full capacity, memory low"?)

3. Will the OS push some software if other apps are chosen to be downloaded? ie. "the BB Bridge software"

4. Is there a possibility of corrupt apps, that may have caused this issue?

(All of the apps loaded were directly through appworld, via wifi connection direct to Playbook.)

5. Do any of the apps listed in the OP have known issues?