Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Why is the tablet so cheap at the moment...I am deciding if its worth buying one Any help would be appreciated

the simple answer - its a POS. got one - having issues 1hr in.
Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: i am carrying it duh! ;)

Re: Why is the tablet so cheap at the moment...I am deciding if its worth buying one Any help would be appreciated

2 days in no issues, the 200 euros it cost me.. bargain! they are selling them off cheap to shift the stock ahead of ces and a multitude of new gadget releases and the unveiling of os2. simples. Its a no brainer.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

I've had mine for two weeks now and absolutely love it. My iPad has only been touched once or twice since then, and all that did is make me realize just how much more I prefer the Playbook.

What problems are you having OneLoadedBanana?

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: rogers

it kept turning itself off after 2 - 10 mins of usage . The battery was still at 70 - 80%. I've since replaced it and upgraded the 32g for a 64. I'm typing the message from it right now. I have had no issues with the replacement as of yet. When returning, the sales person told me that 3 that same day had been returned for the same issue. I think RIM needs to slow down and make a reliable device instead of focusing on racing apple. my two cents.
Contributor
My Carrier: O2

That is great news. I wish I'd got a 64 gig one now so lucky you :-)

I agree with regard to RIM racing Apple, but it is tough for them. Personally, I think the Playbook is a device RIM can be proud of, but the media as such Apple Fanboys that they are only too ready to knock Blackberry for things and not see the benefit.

For example, the fact that you can just plug a playbook straight into a TV or projector with a standard HDMI cable and play full blown HD movies seems to have been totally ignored. If you want to do that with an iPad you have to get some specially made leads that will cost you over 10 times as much as the HDMI cable, and even then you'll be restricted to what will play.

The size is another thing. I far prefer the size of the Playbook to the iPad, but yet everyone in the media seems to go on about how anything less than a 10 inch tablet is no good. Utter rubbish!

I don't trust the media at all, and would suggest anyone thinking off getting an iPad or Playbook checks out the reviews from REAL users on Amazon and then they'll see how pleased people are with their Playbooks - and we're not just talking one or two people, but hundreds.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: virgin

I have had mine since just after xmas and have only had one problem, and that was down to me, delting something off. But with the help of this site, i was able to sort it out. People are always going to find something wrong with anything out there, and with everything there is going to be the odd one that have problems.

Some people are going to like the playbook better than others, me personally love it.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: 3068622107

There is nothing wrong with playbook but

it is hard to beat a full size screen from about 15in and upward

like you will get in a laptop...I think the Playbook is more for convience

as all smaller screens

New Contributor
My Carrier: (none)

I agree, Playbook is very convenient. And with all its "pinch" and other stuff, I can read whatever I want: ebooks, PDFs... I really don't need a bigger screen. The quality and the resolution of PB screen is incredible and superior to all the iPads and other tablets I've seen, and even the laptops. With the new price, it is positioned to its right place in the price hierarchy and with OS2 it becomes "the king". Put it in the pocket and use everywhere. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

well folks it may be cheap for various reasons but I bought one, am pleased with it, much more convenient size than an i-pad and so far so good. I f you are having 'issues' with it get them sorted!