Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: vianet

WiFi Problem

Need assistance.. My PB worked well for 4 months. Two days ago I purchaced the keyboard and attached it. Since then it cannot find an IP address for my home network. The router is fine as my laptop has no problem and the PB works at a coffee shop free internet. PB shows my network on available networks but says either timed out or no IP Address. I have tried removing the keyboard.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: WiFi Problem

Sounds to me that a setting has changed when you connected the keyboard. Try the 3 button reset. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons all at the same time for 15 seconds. Wait until the PB reboots. See if you regain your Internet. Report back afterwards.
Contributor

I presume the 2 outer buttons and the power button are the proper
hold down. Did it 3 times and still the same problem. Hare to tell if it was reboot or restart.
Forums Veteran I

If your PB is in a case, remove it because some cases interfere with the operation of the buttons. Make sure you do the reset properly .
Forums Veteran I

If you have all the details of your wifi network such as SSID, Security Type, Encryption type and Network Key recreate your network. First you will have to delete the existing profile, reboot and manually recreate the network profile again. Try this and if you need assistance with some settings let me know.
Contributor

First I have to make sure I reset properly. I held the 3 keys down [out of case] while off. the red light came on and it started. This recreating network is done from computer or through the router? I have the SSID etc network settings on a printout. Going over to a country neighbor and check connect on his.
Forums Veteran I

You are recreating the network on your PB. Since you rebooted, try your network again before you go any further.
Contributor

Still negative connect. Available networks shows 4 bars my network name, connect manually and use WPS. Click on the name and it goes to press wps button on router or enter pin into router. Yesterday I deleted my network namd and restared and it came back as my available.
Forums Veteran I

Does it give you the option of selecting WPA Personal. Try that setting., Dual Band, Automatically Obtain IP ADDRESS, Allow inter access point hardware and Network key.
Contributor

All but network key. When I fill in SSID with the network name it has in red SSID must be unique among configurations. Should the long network key go in instead of regular password? Thanks for your time.