Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Playbook - 64GB No 3G
My Carrier: None - This model Playbook does not have 3G

WiFi print to desktop on another hotspot? (portforward)

Hi there!

I am new, so please don't whack me 'round the head with a crowbar if this page exists somwhere else or if it's in the wrong spot. D:

I have had a Playbook for a few months now, and (after fixing some problems) I find it excellent.

However, I do write word documents all the time, but not at my home.

I am just wondering, is there an app out in the mighty world of Blackberry that allows me to print from my phone's Internet Sharing using some portforward trickery? (don't mind the price, or the fact that I have to keep my PC turned on all day)

If so, then that is extremely helpful.

If not, then don't fear. I won't bite you. Smiley Happy

Thanks so much for your help.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 64
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: WiFi print to desktop on another hotspot? (portforward)

ihaterain5620 wrote:

Hi there!

I am new, so please don't whack me 'round the head with a crowbar if this page exists somwhere else or if it's in the wrong spot. D:

I have had a Playbook for a few months now, and (after fixing some problems) I find it excellent.

However, I do write word documents all the time, but not at my home.

I am just wondering, is there an app out in the mighty world of Blackberry that allows me to print from my phone's Internet Sharing using some portforward trickery? (don't mind the price, or the fact that I have to keep my PC turned on all day)

If so, then that is extremely helpful.

If not, then don't fear. I won't bite you. Smiley Happy

Thanks so much for your help.

I have an HP wireless printer and a Playbook.  If I want to print something while away from my network, I use this approach:

1. The printer sets up with an email address ID that I choose like xxxx@hpeprint.com.

2. Send an email to that address with your chosen file as and attachment.

3. In a very short while check your printer for the output.

Very simple and hope this helps...