Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

WiFi stopped after software update

So, I just unboxed my new playbook, ran through the setup, and started off good.  When I got to the point to setup WiFi it worked, then it downloaded the software update.  After the restart I finished the setup.  Now when go into the browser I can't get an internet connection.  My wireless network is suppose to present a login page that will then allow me to authenticate so I can get through the firewall.

Now this worked when I first turned the device on. It stopped working after the software update.  Now I get 'Unknown Error' in the browser.  What happended? I turned off popup blocker, no change.

I am trying to find a tech support number, cannot.  Not too crazy at this point about RIM support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: WiFi stopped after software update

reboot your router?

can other device surf the internet?

There is free support for 90 days

http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S

All other devices working.  Not able to reboot router

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

I had the same issue on Saturday.  I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with tech support.  Return it and get yourself a new one!

Trusted Contributor

After 3 hours, tech support indicated that there is a known problem with the software update.  They told me to check back next week.  Did they tell you to return yours for a new one?

Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Mine wasn't seen by my computer as a drive so i had no other choice but to return it for a new one.
Contributor
My Device: storm2
My Carrier: telus

instead of using the "Browser", use any other internet app such as Yahoo. when the main Yahoo page comes up tap the address area on the top of the screen and select Google. if this works you will end up on the main google search page,
works for me