Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: +971555379756

Re: Wifi Connection Dropping

I am sick of this problem as well. Nothing seems to be working. The PB was working superb for the past 2 months and I don't have a clue what triggered this problem all of a sudden. I also upgraded the OS to the latest version of the software 378v but still no solutions. I am surprised that my wife's Samsung 7.7 has no problems what so ever!!! I guess the Android is a better system after all??

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: CenturyLink

My PB's wifi always had an occational drop. Two days ago after a router reboot due to a power outage the PB connection drops constantly. All my other wireless devices work fine only the PB fails. The connection is still there, three of the four bars green, but none of the applications that require wifi work. I can turn the wireless off then on and thats good for 1 web page, but apps like AppWorld are completly unusable. I have tried every solution suggested here and in Crackberry forums to no avail.

Right now my PB is just a very expensive solitaire game and that game has bugs! I guess I'll shelve the PB and monitor for the next OS release (currently using 2.0.1.358) and see RIM finds a cure.

Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

What worked for me was to turn off one of the 2 channels on my router.
New Contributor

By channels do you mean network type 802.11_? I tried switching from b/g/n to b/g to just b and to just g. None worked. Did you mean something different? Thanks for your suggestion.

Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Channel might not be the correct term. My N router is dual something, frequency I think, so I turn off "dual" in my router setup.
New Contributor

I replaced my router with an old Belkin router that I had decommisioned many month ago and that fixed the problem. The question remains. Why after all this time of working fine in my environment did the PB started loosing the connection? Nothing was changed. How long will the PB work with this old Belkin router before it stops working again. I don't see myself buying a new router every time PB gets tired of working with a router.

Thank you all that tried helping I appreciate it.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Non

I had the same problem .. What i did worked .. I rang my isp and told them the problem and said i was going to connect my pb manually to the network so needed the proxy port and http settings and did it that way .. Perfect for me give it a try Smiley Happy 

Stevie UK

Sent from my playbook