Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9930, Dev Alpha A Device
My Carrier: Verizon

Wifi Issues

[ Edited ]

I just wiped my Playbook and installed the latest firmware. Yet I'm having issues with wifi dropping out in my apartment. 

The Playbook does not notify me of the issue--I simply try to visit a site and wait for a while--and nothing comes up. Fixing it involves turning wireless off and then back on.

FYI my iPad and numerous other wireless devices give me no such issues.

Also, I noticed I'm not the only one with wireless woes: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/playbook-wi-fi-device-software-issue-608700/in...

The purpose of this forum post was to grab RIM's attention and hopefully issue a software fix.

BTW, RIM, I'm a beta member...if you want to have me test a fix for  you, let me know...

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 White / Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Wifi Issues

yes there have been numerous posts about this on here too, including from myself.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply.

Contributor

A restart solves the issue, but WiFi has remained fairly weak compared to my iPad (1st gen).

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 White / Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Fixes nothing for me lol I am going to do a wipe when I get home see if that resolves my problems. If not I may have to try and get RIM to replace it
Contributor

Looks like I'm continuing to run into this issue with wifi barely working at home. Playbook team, please look into this ASAP. Restarting the playbook is not something I enjoy doing and it's getting pretty frustrating. Otherwise I'm pretty happy about my Playbook.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

It is unlikely that RIM will respond here. Do you have any major distance between you and the router. Are the any electrical obstructions or cement walls. a different floor.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor

I have no issue with my router and I'm literally a (small NYC apt) room away. As I mentioned earlier, there are NO issue with my wifi on any other electronic device I've got laying around, whether it be my mac laptops, pc laptop, ipad or phones.