Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: na

Wifi disconnects every4 to 5 minutes

For some reason after the recent OS upgrade. 3x my PB's wifi is pretty much awful. I have to reconnect to wifi again and again. I have been using the same wifi router, same provider and setting changed on either of the devices other than the OS upgrade to my PB.

I tried rebooting,connecting to desktop manager and updating the software/ device driver's as suggested in another thread and still same issue.

Appreciate your help, or else need to deals with BB customer care.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Wifi disconnects every4 to 5 minutes

Can you tell us the router model, the router settings and what other devices operate on the router such as Wii. Is it a dual band router?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Try setting the router to "G" mode.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

[ Edited ]

Set the router to g mode...change encryption to wpa/aes...and set the playbook to grab a static ip (something like 192.168.0.121....this is done in settings under wifi on the playbook...there is a box checked that says automatically obtain ip, unchecked it and enter a new ip of your choice..).   Doing all this has made my pb very stable concerning wifi,  but for some reason when my brother brings his Ipad over it causes me to drop it....and it is only the Ipad that causes this, the iphone and other phones and laptops have no effect.  

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: 6044182281

I had the same problem when I upgraded the OS and it was bugging me for a couple of months. I had to reset the wireless every time it comes out of standby. Finally this past weekend I realized that somehow my wifi connection was reset to use WEP security. Once I set to WPA2 mode (it has been 2 days now), it has been working perfectly. Hope this will help you too.

I tried a suggstion in another thread of setting the wifi sharing on but that didn't work.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: none

Same thing with me.. When I had OS 2.0 everything was perfect with wifi. And since going to 2.1 update the wifi went nutts. disconnects if it even connects at all.

BB is fully aware of these problems and refuses to go back to the 2.0.

Good Luck,

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Going back to previous OS Version.
TUTORIAL DOWNGRADE 2.1.0.358 to 2.0.0.7971

Download 2 Softwares :
1. Dingleberry 3.3
2. OS 2.0.0.7971
Make sure development mode is ON

STEPs :
1. Make sure that your OS is 2.1.0.358 and use DM 7.0.0.41 (new update driver from your PB)
2. Ekstrack dingleberry then run dingleberry.exe
3. You need to run dinglebery for the first time to make firmware folder appear then close dingleberry.
4. Open your OS 2.0.0.07971 and ekstrack it then put in the folder custom
5. Connect your PB to your PC then DM will shown up.
6. Run dingleberry.exe then click on Firmware Button.
7. The firmware main view will shown up and make sure USB Information on the rightside is connected.
8. Click on button on the leftside and choose custom
9. Right button you can choose Core OS or Full OS. I choose Core OS
10. And click the Update button below and wait until it finished (dont break any connection).
11. After finished your PB will restart on goes back to 2.0.0.7971 without any notification for updating to 2.1.0.358. Close your DM.