Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: none

Wifi forgets password?

Since a couple of days my Playbook doesn't seem to automatically find/connect to the Wifi network anymore. If I go into the Wifi settings and manually retype the network password, I can reestablish a connection. But having to do this manually each and every time is such a chore, especially as it worked flawlessly before. Anyone got any clue what's going on here and how to fix it? Thanks in advance...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Wifi forgets password?

Hi Hirazi,

Remove the network from the saved networks section then try setting up the Wi-Fi network again.  This should re-save the network and automatically connect when in range.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: none

Hi, Thanks, but sadly that didn't work. I'm getting desperate now, there must be some kind of solution one would hope...
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: n.a.

Better late than never : did you happen to have used the security password function just pefore trouble started ? I also started having the 'forgetting wifi password after rebooting' problem the last couple of weeks and the only thing I remember that changed was the fact that I deactivated the password protection (aka kiddy protection) Smiley Happy

Let me know !

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Playbook password should not affect the wifi at all, in fact wifi should reconnect even with playbook in standby when you enter the range of the router.

Standard fix if removing the saved network does not work, would be to back up your playbook then do a security wipe to reload a fresh operating system version. If you look up a"debrick" some say it's more thorough and you get the demo videos back but in my experience of colleagues' playbooks a wipe is just as good for fixing problems if you have access to the settings menu.

Then restore only your data (photos and documents etc). Reloading your apps and accounts manually would complete the refresh of the playbook' entire software load.

Sarah.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: verizon

Seriously - is there no other option besides wiping the OS and reinstaling? It took me almost a week to get it set up to begin with. I've only had my Q10 a week and already it's failing me big time!