Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

Wifi issues after updating to 2.0.1.358

[ Edited ]

Hi there.

I recently updated my Playbook to 2.0.1.358 and since that I started to have wifi connectivity issues with my home network. Never had any issue before.

Basically the Playbook disconnects itself after a while and there is no way to connect again. The only way is to reboot the router. It works fine for a while and than it disconnects again....I also tried to connect manually without success.

Any suggestion? I have like ten devices connected with no problems.... I use WPA2 encryption.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Wifi issues after updating to 2.0.1.358

I am having the SAME issues here....it was working FINE for a few days then this afternoon, my wifi dropped. I am NOT a happy camper right now! I have tried resetting my IP, resetting my router...nothing.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

WOW....I FINALLY got my playbook connected after nearly 8 hours of nothing.
This is what I did, I don't know if it will work for you, but it is worth a shot!

Instead of connecting to wifi in the drop down menu from the top tool bar, I went to the 2nd page of my desktop and went to the "Set Up" App. I Selected WiFi and and logged into my home network from there! And it worked the 1st time!!! I have been working on my wifi all day - and nothing worked.

I am really not happy with my update....I wonder if I can go back...the last one was better!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Emmy - Great solution. I had never thought of that option before. Wonder if that path will/can assist others having wifi issues.

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodacom

I have the same problems
Contributor
My Device: Playbook Tablet (32Gb)
My Carrier: BT infiniti for home use with homehub3

[ Edited ]

Same here. Worked ok before the upgrade. They really need to sort out the wifi! 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Check out the thread I post in here with screenshots to see if it helps you. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/WLAN-Problem-since-2-0-1-358/m-p/1914499#...

On 2.0.1.358 I had a LOT of problems with connections stopping suddently. I almost took the PlayBook back to the store actually but I hate to give up and lose.

So ya, by doing some sluething, I managed to solve it and hasn't affected my other networked devices too badly also. See if the settings I post help. They helped me.