Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Will not boot after a wipe... colored spots forever

[ Edited ]

Since I couldn't get past the Blackberry ID required screen, I decided to try a data wipe to see if it would help.

Now it's stuck on the startup spots, constantly changing color.

I have tried several reboots with the power key, but each time it stalls with the colors changing.

Tried plugging into my PC, but the manager says it's not set up yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks!   As someone who's done product intros, I have to say that this one wasn't well tested.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Will not boot after a wipe... colored spots forever

try holding power key off for ten seconds and try again.

did you also try to swipe top to bottom and see if anything pops up?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer

Thank you very much for your reponse.  It got me thinking.

It turned out that if I ignore the PC Manager's warning that I'm not set up yet, and click "Update" anyway, then an unbrick software update is downloaded over USB to the Playbook.   Takes about 1/2 hour.

Now it has rebooted itself, gone onto WiFi, and is waiting for the battery to reach 20% before continuing the update.

Step by step...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

sounds like you are getting closer , keep us up to date

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer

[ Edited ]

Woo hoo!   Once it got enough juice it booted into full glory, apps and all.   Loving it now.

So if someone gets stuck booting, try plugging into your PC with the latest desktop manager, and if there's an Install update button that shows up, click it and see if a download starts.

One other note:  I was trying to charge it using a USB cable and power supply I already had hooked up for my Droid Incredible.   Once I switched to the Blackberry Playbook adapter, charging began to go a heckuva lot quicker.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: WiFi

How long did it take for the Desktop Manager to do the update?

My has been on the "Checking for Device Software updates" "Please wait" screen for at least 30 minutes.

Highlighted
New Developer

The start of the update download was immediate for me, although it went very slowly.

I've heard that at times the download servers are overloaded, though.