Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Will there be BlackBerry 10 for BlackBerry PlayBook? No signs from BlackBerry Live 2013 yet

1st is was "beginning of June" , now "hopefully" (which in product-release-upgrade speak means, we have no idea) before end of September? Gee If my deadlines were that flexible, I'd be...fired LOL!...ok, I'm retired, but still, how hard can it be to nail down a date?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook & 9810 Torch
My Carrier: Wind Mobile Canada

Re: Will there be BlackBerry 10 for BlackBerry PlayBook? No signs from BlackBerry Live 2013 yet

[ Edited ]

I'm confident in a June-July release date.  I hope there's an option to wipe all existing data...when I start fresh on BB10, I wanna start from scratch!  Or should I factory format and then let the first update be BB10?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

rightcoast wrote:
1st is was "beginning of June" ,

Please show me a quote from an actual RIM executive or employee stating the "beginning of June".

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

Sorry, J..I was sure u were an employee.
Contributor

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-playbook-releasing-weeks/

This article was posted May 24th and the Tweet stated "23hrs old".  So, the official announcement was posted May 23rd.  Assuming "the next few weeks" is approx. 3 weeks then we are looking at mid-June.  Maybe July, if there are last minute hiccups...

Skype video, here I come!

rightcoast wrote:
Sorry, J..I was sure u were an employee.

Nope.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

JohnyBGood wrote:

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-playbook-releasing-weeks/

This article was posted May 24th and the Tweet stated "23hrs old".  So, the official announcement was posted May 23rd.  Assuming "the next few weeks" is approx. 3 weeks then we are looking at mid-June.  Maybe July, if there are last minute hiccups...

Skype video, here I come!

And, if you actually read that n4bb post, you'll learn the tweet was very quickly deleted and there's been no mention since.

I don't think we'll see it "in the next weeks".

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

If I actually read it? Sanders, it was a very short article...of course I read it. Smiley Happy

It was posted for at least 23hrs on a weekday by a BlackBerry employee seemingly authorized/told to make announcements.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

JohnyBGood wrote:

If I actually read it? Sanders, it was a very short article...of course I read it. Smiley Happy

It was posted for at least 23hrs on a weekday by a BlackBerry employee seemingly authorized/told to make announcements.

Just Rimberry trying to be mysterious. It's not working to their advantage.

If all the geeks at the Jam cannot come up with any concrete date, it is simply not going to happen.  People can't keep in a secret like this, so there's nlthing but rumour to keep us on side rather than do what we should have, that is gone android.

JohnyBGood wrote:

Not the tweet, the n4bb blog post to which was referred.

Knowledge Base Updates