Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9630 and 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Wireless network printing directly from my playbook

When will this device that supposedly lets me "leave my laptop behind" perform the basic function of allowing me to print the documents on my playbook to a network printer wirelessly?  This is truly one of the greatest frustrations I have with this hardware (right up there with no netflix).

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Wireless network printing directly from my playbook

printing is a thing of the past.

if you want netflix...post on that board.

Contributor
My Device: 9630 and 64GB Playbook

Printing may well be a thing of your past, but it is a thing of my present.

We use everything from web-based, facebook, email, text messages, voice phone calls and yes - paper to perform something as simple as a sign-up list for an activity/event in order to access our entire congregation.

I have been a long-time fan of BB. I purchased a Playbook as soon as they came out, and am stoked about BB10...but I still need to print on a daily basis.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 64
My Carrier: AT&T

I don't know whether what I do applies to your requirements but anyway:

1. I found an excellent app in App World called "Print" and installed it on my PB for a minor cost.  It has a server portion you download and install on a Windows PC.

2.. Configure the Print app to find your PC server over WiFi and tap the Print icon.  You are given the opportunity to select a file from your PB to print and your PC will control the printing from it's installed printer.

Works great for my needs.