Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry playbook
My Carrier: Bigpond

Worst money spent ever on bbpb

This is ridiculous. Ok I mostly use my bbpb for personal use so games, Facebook, twitter, and apps are high on my priority list. Now there's no audience selector for fb. Massive let down. Also we can't play fb games or even like a comment from pb...  BlackBerry app Centre is pathetic. No good games, apart from fantasy island and we max lvl at 25 making it impossible to play on without lvl bonuses.. I can't even give this piece

of "number 2" away shame on you bb. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Worst money spent ever on bbpb

Face book uses flash for games and although the playbook supports flash, the game are huge memory hogs. I have seen them eat up 6 gig or RAM on my PC and watch the browser crash.

I dont know about the other issues in face book as I use a PC for it.

Not enough apps? really? My son has downloaded 100s of apps on his.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

A game like bejewelled blitz surely couldn't use to much memory yet it's unplayable. I never said there was not enough apps I agree there are quite a few. But lack quality. And many reviews on games and apps suggest many don't work so for the paying customer it feels like daylight robbery. It is however refreshing to hear someone likes their pb like your son Smiley Happy 

Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Stick to farmville noob...and it is not the devices fault, it is yours....The playbook is a wonderful device with a wide range of software to compliment it....Try not being so close minded and you might see that...

New Contributor

Excuse me? I'd say calling someone a noob is close minded. This is a community forum and those who access this forum are entitled to their opinions. I refuse to go down to your level particularly on the Farmville subject. I am an educated person and the apps like bejewelled are an exercise for the mind for elderly, borderline dementia patients. This tablet was to enable me to take it to my patients.  very small minded of you to judge. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

lola69 wrote:

Excuse me? I'd say calling someone a noob is close minded. This is a community forum and those who access this forum are entitled to their opinions. I refuse to go down to your level particularly on the Farmville subject. I am an educated person and the apps like bejewelled are an exercise for the mind for elderly, borderline dementia patients. This tablet was to enable me to take it to my patients.  very small minded of you to judge. 

If that is the case then sadly it was simply the wrong or a badly advised choice. 

I almost responded the same, way as to barge into a forum with a rant for your first ever posting was probably a red rag to several bulls. Asking how you might overcome the problem with full details of your situation may have attracted more helpful responses. 

We are not RIM, we are not the shop who sold it to you. Google Sideloading on playbook if you are technically minded. 

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ok lets shake haad every one. you both have valid points but people come here for help. honey attracts more ants than poohand picking on posters or ranting is against TOS.

Both my Twins enjoy the playbook. and so does grandma, auntie and over 75 of my friends.

pixelated, pixel legions, box, cut the rope, angry birds, doodle blast, komodo dragon, paper plane, burn the city and more are some fun games that you patients might enjoy.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook, Q10
My Carrier: sprint

We are very excited with our playbooks. Hdmi out is awesome, sound quality, and...I get things DONE.  Video chat is very good. Too many pluses to mention. Between box, splashtop, Google docs, and files and folders, things got a lot easier. In short,  it IS a tool, not a toy.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbox
My Carrier: None...wifi

Doesn't matter. Only a matter of time till nortel I mean rim shuts the doors.
So much potential for a tablet, all flushed down the poop box.
Rightfully so, evolve or die rim.