Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Comcast

Wrong "From" email address name showing

[ Edited ]

I was checking my emails on my Playbook this evening and spotted one that only said "John" with the email topic underneath.  Upon clicking on the message, the persons full name appeared at the top who happens to be someone I know.  I thought he must have forwarded the message.  However, the message is from a company of whom I am on their mailing list.  I checked my IPhone and the message was listed from the usual sender of the message and not the "John" who is a different person.  Likewise I checked on my computer and it also is from the usual sender.  So I clicked on reply on the Playbook message and it only lists "John" and no actual email address.  I have found this very strange.  I have to assume that somehow the Playbook took a name from my email list and substituted the first name as from and then upon clicking on the message I see a completely wrong person.  Has anyone else experienced this?  There is obviously something corrupt in the handling of the message on the Playbook.  I don't use it a whole lot and now wonder whether it is reliable.  Please help.  Hope you can understand this strange experience.  Thanks!  This is in Yahoo email.  I have the latest Playbook update.  I turned off the Playbook and back on but it remained.  I deleted my Yahoo account on the Playbook and reinstalled it but the error remains.  Very strange.