Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: PlayBook 64 gb
My Carrier: T-mobile

Yahoo mail on playbook mail. Keeps asking for password

For about two weeks now, for no obvious reason, my imap yahoo mail on the playbook mail keeps asking for my password!

I tried deleting and re setting up yahoo mail, but it keeps happening, its driving me nuts. Only with yahoo, not gmail or hotmail.

Any ideas? 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Yahoo mail on playbook mail. Keeps asking for password

When you delete the problematic email account reboot your PlayBook. Make sure your cell phone is not connected and turn off Bluetooth when you do this. If you don't have a cell phone connected , disregard the last sentence.
Forums Veteran I

After the reboot, reinstall the Yahoo mail account.
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: T-MOBILE

I just started to get the flashing screen, while trying to use the bridge, so a security wipe is essential now anyway. I wonder does this happen with iPADS, i think not!

Its the third or fourth time now I have had to do a total reboot from scratch in about 5 months!

Forums Veteran I

What is the flashing screen you mention? It that the boot up screen you are talking about?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

No lost it is in the bridge message app.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Highlighted
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: T-MOBILE

The flashing screen seems to be quite common, it happens while trying to connect to the phone via blackberry bridge. The only way to fix it is to do a security wipe and start from scratch.

Yesterday to try and solve the mail issue with yahoo (native mail client) and the flashing bridge connection problem, I did a backup via the desktop software.< secutity wipe<  < then a restore from the desktop software.

The results are the flashing screen issue is fixed, the imap-yahoo requesting my password is still not fixed? no idea what to do now, or why it is only with yahoo