Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

YoU tuBe SiGn In

hi im having trouble signing in to you tube. it states that  i need to change my browser settings. This has just started to do this. Any suggestions. 

I hope to hear from someone one soon 

Thanks. Tia

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Plahbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: YoU tuBe SiGn In

Surprise it does not work for anybody and there is no more support or assitance. Do you have a fish tank throw it in and buy yourself a google nexus 7 because nothing works and the don't care

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same problem.  I have checked the cookies setting, any filters that may have been causing the issue, etc., but nothing has provided a solution.  Has someone replied with anything helpful that solved this YouTube log-in issue?

Thank god I'm not the only one with the same issue,. I thought I was crazy. Nothing yet here. Some one please help
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

I can confirm I do not have an issue with my set.

Did you set the browser to desktop mode?

Hrrrm I don't know how to do that!? Waaaa
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

tiamaria76 wrote:
Hrrrm I don't know how to do that!? Waaaa

Hello

Just follow the following steps:

1. fire up BlackBerry browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook
  2. Do a swipe down from the top bezel downwards. A "taskbar" should appear
  3. on the right, you should see settings. click on that
  4. enable desktop mode in developer tools

Also, ensure that cookies, websockets are on, as well as images, flash and javascript.

Otherwise, login to gmail.com and then go back to youtube Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

How do you "enable desktop mode in developer tools"?  All of the other things you mentioned are good to go on my device as far as them being turned on.  I tried the steps you posted, but, they have not worked.  I want to be able to access the regular You Tube from my device, being that it allows for better interaction on that site.  The app that the Playbook came installed with is okay I just choose not to use it.  Please let me know how to enable this desktop mode and where the buttons to select this option are.  This is so irritating.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Plahbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Google aka You Tuber has chose not to recongnize the BB Playbook OS anymore since it was discontinued two years ago and according to Google when i wrote them they responded LOLOLOL and i have since purchased a Google Nexus 7 tablet which has a quad processor and runs android and everything works great even Google Chrome on mirror mode which allows me to use my tv as a monitor just like Playbook did before a few updates ago. We were ditched by BB after all of our loyal support and they don't care at all, thats why i also ditched my BB phone and bought a Samsung Galaxie and likewise everything works fine, even BBM. Everyone smile and say we are jerks and Blackberry doesn't care anymore.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook 4G LTE 32 gb
My Carrier: bsnl

same problem with me here also. not able to login or play you tube from BB playbook