Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

adding an attachment in gmail

am i missing something here? i cant find a link anywhere in the gmail mobile version (the one youre taken to when you go to gmail.com on your playbook) that lets me add an attachment to an email. i cant even force the basic html version of gmail and do it through that. tell me that my playbook is not absolutely useless as a work device. thanks
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: At&t

Re: adding an attachment in gmail

I usually just open a browser and use that one instead of the mobile version.
Regular Contributor
My Device: torch 9800

the key here is try to use a non mobile site and browse directly and this should work for you

My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

KUDOMASTER wrote:
I usually just open a browser and use that one instead of the mobile version.

How do you get a non-mobile version to open? I've tried with no luck.

New Contributor

Ditto here, by default, the gmail icon on the playbook screen isn't the mobile version, it's just a browser link. Even if i open the browser and type "gmail.com", it redirects to the mobile version. I can't find a way to force it to the web version (even the basic html version). If you're able to do this, I'd appreciate some steps on how you're going about it, or a direct link.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: None

Here's the way to do it: when seeing your list of e-mail messages, on the left column, on the gmail website, scroll that list all the way down . At the bottom, you'll see several links. One of them says "basic html". Click on it.

Now the old gmail looks appear, and if you click on Compose Mail you'll get an attachment link.

Alternatively, click on "desktop", instead of basic html, and you'll see your gmail just like on your computer.

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Virgin mobile

Sebastion,
On a laptop you can sign into two (or more) gmail accounts, which makes checking both accounts much simpler; ie, no sign-out sign-in required. But on my PB, if I go to 'Desktop' and sign into two accounts, I can't switch accounts. The second account is listed, but if I try to switch the browser I end up back in the mobile version, and have to sign-out sign-in.

Have you tried to sign into two accounts? Have you figured out how to lick the problem?

Thanks for any help!
New Contributor

excellent, thanks sebastian! what a lovely place to put that link - i can't believe it was so obvious
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: None

I've never tried... what about having the 1st on simple html mode and another on desktop mode?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: play book 64
My Carrier: telcel

Thanks to Sebastian, i don´t understand why the people in RIM don´t made a more friendly interface. It would be nice not to have to do all this to send and atacchment in a tablet that suposedly is oriented to working users.