Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

app problem #2 - notifications for app updates keep showing up multiple times even after those apps are updated

i had hoped these problems will go away by itself as o/s updates come but even with 1.0.6.2390, they seem to persist so i'm raising my hand so hopefully someone can help. this will be 2nd of 2 issues.

I currently have 5 notifications telling me to update 5 apps as follows

xtrem snowboarding to 1.5.

air browser to 1.9.

air hockey to 2.0.

globe news to 2.0.

finger magic to 1.2.

The problem is that the only app that is not yet updated to the latest version as shown above is air browser - I currently only have 1.8

All of the other 4 apps I'm already running the versions the notifications are telling me to update to. This has been happening ever since that o/s update where the notifications started popping up in top left corner of home screen in an exclamation mark.

If that's not weird enough, according to app world -> my world, I'm already running globe news 2.0.5!! And it's telling me to UPdate to 2.0.4!! I don't know if this specific case is an app world/notification issue or if it's related to my "app problem #1" posted separately.

any ideas folks? thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Seven Eleven

Re: app problem #2 - notifications for app updates keep showing up multiple times even after those apps are updated

I'd like to get an answer to that as well. I have 4 Globe News icons!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: app problem #2 - notifications for app updates keep showing up multiple times even after those apps are updated

Same with me I have had this issue since that same update. No matter how many times I uninstall/reinstall it doesn't seem to fix it.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold, Tour and Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

I had the same problem, until the update that was released today. that problem seems to have been fixed. I also had a bug in App World if I clicked on the link to sort the App by Free or Paid, Clicking free displayed no apps when there were some and the Paid showed free and paid. That issue was resolved as well.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the info. I'll update once today's update is back up and available later this week.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Seven Eleven

Sorry to say that the current version never fixed anything for me....I also BTW have 3 Text Reader Icons as well O.O))