Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: battery issue after update

I turned off bluetooth, closed all apps, and turned of wi-fi, and let the 32gb playbook go to standby

After about an hour I lost 7%

I can't compare to the prev OS but is there an issue going on with power drain on standby for the playbook?

-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Developer
My Device: Bold 9930/Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

To resolve this issue open up the video chat application and accept the license agreement. There is a known bug that is causing the video chat to stay running until the license is accepted. once done the issue will go away. This is why some users are not experiencing the issue as some may have opened the app already. I verified that it worked for me.
Developer
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I did accept the video chat agreement, and clicked on every app I have to accept any agreement to be sure.

My battery is still draining very fast (5% lost per 10 min of usage (wifi, no BT))

Trusted Contributor

Me too. I accepted the video chat disclaimer and have the same battery drain problem on auto-standby.

-----------
-----------
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16
My Carrier: alaint

further update, to my suprise I left PB on overnihgt battry mode only. and a flip clock timer (free version downlaoded from AW. of course the ssytem went to stdby after 5 minutes (needs a never hibernate mode) the batter was down to only 92% afger about 6-7 hours

eastcoastcreative
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Storm2

On another sire it was mentioned that you need to fully drain your PB, charge to full, and then do a hard reboot. I am in the middle of charging right now and will let you know if it helps. This along with accepting the vido chat disclaimer. Keep your fingers crossed.
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Fido

Update, After having the Battery issue after the 1868 update, draining to 0% my battery, holding the power button for 10 seconds (per the previous instruction), charging the unit to 100% and accepting the license agreement of video chat. My unit is working perfectly. 2hrs ago I was at 100%, with Bluetooth, Bridge and WI-Fi on I am still at 100%, with little use of the device (checking & replying to emails).
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Storm2

[ Edited ]

Did the same to mine and all seems good now. Glad that was easy to correct.

Trusted Contributor

Things I did differently since the last post:

1. Hard reset (hold down button for 10 seconds)

2. Charged the playbook all day using the INCLUDED plug

3. Checked that the video chat disclaimer was accepted

Left bluetooth and wifi on and let it go on standby.

Result: the charge holds and does not lose more than 0-1% over 2 hours.

-----------
-----------
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: bell mobility

For sure since i updated to the latest release the battery life is been cut in half.  i used to be able to leave wifi and bluetooth on all the time and it would last a day, now it is half a day.  the other issue is that i leave the charger that came with the playbook at the office.  my regular charger that came with my Torch used to charge the playbook but now does not.  last night i powered off the unit plugged it in and the battery was still 6% in the mornng.  RIM you NEED to fix this!  I have been very happy with the unit so far but this is bad.

anyone know how to roll back to previous OS?

Geoff Hogan
Z10 / Playbook