Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Xtra

big trouble setting up second email account

I only use my playbook at home with our wifi. I have my main email address account set up perfect. Now I am trying to set up a second account for my work. I have gone through all the settings with our Internet provider and the email host, all settings are correct and verified. Yet the playbook still will not except these settings. Please help???!!! Any ideas?? Thank you

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: big trouble setting up second email account

Hello. Please explain; does it give an error or...? Does it have infinite loading or...? 

Please give a bit more details?

If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor

Thanks.
So, a bit of history, a couple of weeks ago I managed to get it set up, working perfectly, then a couple of days ago it stopped sending email with a very brief error with no real info.
After spending a couple of hours on the phone today with the Internet provider and email host, they ended up suggesting deleting the account and setting it up again as all the settings are correct. Now that I have deleted it my playbook will not accept the new account???!!!
It comes up with error:
The server for (email address) is either offline or your settings are incorrect. Please check your settings and try again.

I have tried restarting the playbook too. And tried several times.
Would really appreciate help.
I can log on to the emails remotely but the website is not very friendly for a touch screen.
Thanks
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Your settings are incorrect. QED.

I appreciate your help, but as stated above I have checked, checked again and again with the Internet supplier and email host and settings are all correct. And the first time it was set up it all worked fine. This is getting very frustrating Smiley Sad
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

In that case your email provider is not conventional Hotmail or Gmail. You need to tell us the provider in case it needs special attention on Playbook. Someone else may have had success with them. 

Thanks. My Internet provider is Xtra and the email is hosted by Zeald.
The really strange thing is, I spent days trying to sort this out. Then yesterday I didn't touch my playbook and just now I thought I'd try to connect the email account again... I didn't change any of the settings etc... Now it's working!!! The question is for how long though??!!!
New Contributor

The Zeald support team just sent me this link... Otherwise having the same issues
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Email-worked-now-it-doesn-t/td-p/1590219
I need to work out how to do a back up on my playbook to try the security wipe... Any thoughts on this?
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Hello. Glad it's working for you again, to back up simply plug your PlayBook into your computer and Connect to BlackBerry Desktop software, and follow the simple process Smiley Happy
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi