Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry tablet
My Carrier: non blackberry user

blackberry tablet versus android

Hi: 

Let me start by saying that so far I love my tablet.  However, my son is saying that I would be happier with an android tablet, that it is more geared for the "ordinary" person, as opposed to the "business" person.  With it I would be able to get more books and games. Any opinions on what is best.

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: blackberry tablet versus android

in terms of usability, finger gestures and multi tasking the playbook wins

I used a xoom and found it terrible with button on back and hitting constantly.

some over 10 inches were to heavy to hold for long periods of time

next month OS 2 will support android apps in app world and make it best of both worlds.

so maybe you should wait till OS 2 is out andthen compare features or all.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Fido

It is really hard to say. It depends on your daily use and expectation. Right now, I own two playbooks which I bought one 16 GB in last November and one 64GB a week ago. I love playbook because of its portability, great HD display, web browser experience, especially flash support, etc. Generally, playbook is a very well built product and its apps meets my daily needs. By the way, I don't play too much game on my tablet. Apps playbook has are intended for professionals and I hope there will be more such apps going out later after OS2. I tried ASUS prime, but I have no plan to buy one even I preordered one in December. Playbook works, and does a great job.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry tablet
My Carrier: non blackberry user

I'm not to technical savvy,lol.  When you say android apps, does that mean I will be able to download books from the library?  Which is the reason I bought the playbook, the library will work with androids, overdrive is what they are using.  If so, boy will I be happy!!

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

You are correct in assuming that good sir, looks like happy days are in your future.