Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: playbook-curve
My Carrier: hotelier

bluetooth and wifi failure

Dear Blackberry...

I have major problem with my playbook that i have bought two months ago, the bluetooth and wifi doesn't even working or turn on!!! couple days ago this tablet is over heating then suddenly shutting down and can not turning on (totally dead!!) for couple of day. lucky me this tablet finally back on work after. but the bluetooth and wifi still doesn't working!!!. so this playbook is useless without those two things. i have already tried to hard reset, restart, turning off and on, even a WIPE that make all my file gone. and now without the wifi and after wiping, this playbook just only an expensive dead toys! i cannot "PLAY or WORK"!

as i know, this thing also happen to most of playbook user. (based on the article, comment, forum, etc that i found on the web). the question is. 

is Blackberry Playbook a failure product?

so please RIM and or blackberry support team, i am a blackberry user for a long time, your brand image is in my head. even all my family are blackberry user. please don't make us dissapointed and ruin your brand image in our mind. i need a solution!

ps: i sold my previous tablet (it's a major brand) to bought this playbook, because i believe the playbook is better then that tablet. but after what happen to this tablet... it was wrong

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: bluetooth and wifi failure

One thing that you could try is to de-brick the Playbook

1) make a back-up of the Playbook then turn it off

2) start the Blackberry Desktop Manager on a computer

3) plug the Playbook still turned off

4) turn it on, and briefly on the computer you see that it offer to update the device, click on UPDATE

then you have to go through the sign-in process like when you first got the Playbook

If that still does not work, you will have to call RIM support to get it fix by them, unless somebody else as another idea

Good luck

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: bluetooth and wifi failure

if the PB is overheating I would try to get an RMA for a replacement.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.