Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: boost

bluetooth

so i'm watching all this stuff on bluetooth. yes, bluetooth has some simularity to the serial port. Something about RFCOMM being simular to the serial port. so how exactly is it alike? Does it have simular registers that control it? So could you get a lot of controll of the bluetooth system just by focusing on RFCOMM? I know the serial port pretty well, so I was wondering how easily I could control the bluetooth. I just want to be able to send data back and forth between a laptop and a phone. I know C++. I'm willing to use software that can already do this. If only I knew where to find it. I don't want to have to press any " ok to receive bottons"

Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: boost

Re: bluetooth

so how do I talk to my bluetooth. How do I get windows to send it commands? Or can I just run a c++ program from the command promt? I imagine that would be kind of like running the serial port from the command prompt. I rember doing that on an old computer. So can I just set some registers? What i'm interested in is automated file transfer. I want to load pages that appear on a browser to a phone over bluetooth. See i have laptop that has wireless. And no phone service, so I want to be able to send info to the phone.

so like the weather. I could just send a bluetooth signal from my phone to the laptop. Then it would just send the HTML file to my phone. so how do I do that?