Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

can a tethered phone also be bridged (to the same PB) ?

My friend has tethered her PB to her blackberry bold as she couldn't bridge successfully. Now she has her bridge and bbm s/w updated on her blackberry, but cannot bridge (and get her bbm across). I am wondering is this perhaps because she is already tethered. If so, how does one untether?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: can a tethered phone also be bridged (to the same PB) ?

Both use Blue Tooth to connect and only one can be used at a time.

Turn off the BT tether connection on smart phone so Bridge can make a connection after.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks.

To clarify, she wants to permanently remove the tethering. I need to know if that is possible and if so, how ? Then she can attempt to bridge the 2 devices now she has the  updated s/w on her phone. You are suggesting the tethering can be deleted via the phone? Can you elaborate? (As she has been unable to bridge since tethering and despite the new s/w, I had suspected the tethering was blocking her efforts). I can appreciate that the tethering and bridging cant happen at the same time....so if a phone is tethered, you can't set up bridging, right?

I really appreciate your help. Can you explain how the tether is removed on the phone?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

delete the BT pairing in BT profile on both devices.

then it will no longer tether.

Then set up Bridge.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks, now I geddit....

Regular Visitor
My Device: Playbook and Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I have my Playbook both tethered and bridged to my BB Torch (AT&T) at the same time. I just turned off WiFi and was able to both browse using the standard browser and also get emails throught bridge.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: airtel

jan17'2012 i hv a 9530 bb mobile.

bb is bridged to my playbook and works good.

i am trying to have BT tetherbridge connected thru the mobile phone. connectivity checking fails repeatedly. cant connect effectively to the bb mobile.

my question: can bb mobile & playbook be configued for both the bb bridge & BT tetherbridge, and used alternatively as required.