Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: black berry playbook
My Carrier: bell
Accepted Solution

can't get online. playbook says its conected to net but won't load anything.

My playbook shows it has a good signal.  my phone and lap top both are working fine but when I try to go online on the playbook the blue line stops about 1/3 of the way and it says untitled.  I was online with it 2 nights ago when it froze up and ever since it won't load anything.  My playbook is only a week old can someone tell me what I''m doing wrong?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Re: can't get online. playbook says its conected to net but won't load anything.

what OS are you using?
Contributor

Re: can't get online. playbook says its conected to net but won't load anything.

it says OS Version 1.0.8.6067

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

try rebooting or unpluging your router for a minute. it may do the trick.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor

those were the first 2 things I tried.  is there a way to reset to default of something?

Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

reboot the hardware hold the power button and volume +and - down until it restarts.
Contributor

tried that still same results it tells me its conected to the internet but any page I try to open the blue line stops bout a third of the way and it says untitled

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

Have you tried typing the url of a website and see if it loads?
I suspect it was stuck loading the last website you visited and it failed to load?
Or can you open the App World site?
DC-IT
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Shut your playbook off completely. Make sure the Blackberry desktop software is launched on your PC. Connect the playbook (while it is off) and a text box will pop up with three options. Click on update. Another box may pop up asking for your email. Input your email and click OK. This will restore your playbook to factory fresh condition in about 45 minutes. I did this to mine and it sorted out my wifi issues. Once the update is finished you simply have to walk through the setup process again.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ebaltazar wrote:

Shut your playbook off completely. Make sure the Blackberry desktop software is launched on your PC. Connect the playbook (while it is off) and a text box will pop up with three options. Click on update. Another box may pop up asking for your email. Input your email and click OK. This will restore your playbook to factory fresh condition in about 45 minutes. I did this to mine and it sorted out my wifi issues. Once the update is finished you simply have to walk through the setup process again.

the above will also remove anything on it so back up the important stuff.

try removing the wifi profile from the playbook and set it up again.

if your router support N, try turning it off.

What encryption are you using on WiFI?

what router?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V