Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310 and 32G Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

can't pair my bluetooth keyboard to the device

I purchased the bluetooth keyboard and have begun the steps to pair it to my playbook - charged battery for more than 12 hours, set bluetooth to ON and Discoverable, held the control key on the keyboard down while turning on until the LED light flashes red blue - there's the problem.  It never does.  The blue light flashes blue briefly ONLY when I turn the keyboard off.  It does not come on, or flash red and blue, at any other time.

Also, once I get the keyboard functional, I'll need a passkey.  I've searched the box the device came in and there is NO reference to this essential item - any assistance would be appreciated!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 - PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: can't pair my bluetooth keyboard to the device

In regards to the keyboard not working, I've never encountered any problem with two keyboards (HP and BlackBerry) but I've read in Crackberry forums that some keyboards just wouldn't work/pair. Just Google your keyboard and see if there's anything related to the PlayBook.

The PlayBook should give you the passkey for the keyboard when pairing for the first time. Then you enter it on the keyboard and press enter, it should be paired.

Contributor

Thanks for your reply.  I didn't buy a clone, I bought the Blackberry Bluetooth Keyboard for Playbook.  It's a 3 in 1 - bluetooth keyboard and case with lithium battery.  I don't think I should have to search forums for instructions on how to set it up.  The instructions are clear enought, except they state "A new window should pop up on the Playbook screen with the Passkey."  Perhaps it should, but it doesn't, and there are no troubleshooting tips beyond making sure you've charged the battery extensively (12 hours for the first time, which I have done). That's why I'm on this forum - any assistance would be welcome.

Developer
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

kalli wrote:

I purchased the bluetooth keyboard and have begun the steps to pair it to my playbook - charged battery for more than 12 hours, set bluetooth to ON and Discoverable, held the control key on the keyboard down while turning on until the LED light flashes red blue - there's the problem.  It never does.  The blue light flashes blue briefly ONLY when I turn the keyboard off.  It does not come on, or flash red and blue, at any other time.

Also, once I get the keyboard functional, I'll need a passkey.  I've searched the box the device came in and there is NO reference to this essential item - any assistance would be appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oARk7IU3BZ8 Watch this video you will come to know how to pair your keyboard

Contributor

thank you. Again this video does not answer the question "What do I do when NO DEVICES ARE FOUND?"  I have followed the steps advised in this video and other - they all state that a device will automatically be found by the playbook but i am getting the message No Devices Were Found.  So now what?