Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: cannot find android player

No offense, but as a previous poster stated, most people have been waiting for them over a year.  Hearing "they're coming" doesn't do it anymore.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

The PlayBook hasn't even been out for a year. What do people expect? Developers to drop what they are doing when a new device comes out? It takes time. If you are interested, look up how long it took Android to build up their app store. The PlayBook's app selection is growing faster than Android's did.

I believe BB 10 and PlayBook OS will share the same code base, so when BB 10 comes out, I think the PB app selection should get at least a modest boom in app selection. Maybe not what people wanted to hear if you wanted Skype yesterday.

Scott
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 & Playbook
My Carrier: CSL

You are right, different system OS should play on different machine. But RIM mention playbook can play Android app. But now need designer repack program and put on App World. That means RIM misguide buyer to buy Playbook........

I find many Android app cannot play stable or cannot play in Playbook.