Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: playbook 1.0.2.2078
My Carrier: DU

cannot receive updates during set up

I just got the playbook version 1.0.2.2078 and was told to get an updated version via download. I followed the steps in the set up to a point where the updating should start automatically.

I got following message: Could not activate this tablet (3001) - please try changing settings-

I connected to our WAP automatically and manually and the connection seems fine.

After trying to download updates again it says: Could not activate this tablet(1001) - an unknown error has occurred - restart or try again

I restarted several times and always end up in the same loop. Can someone help?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: cannot receive updates during set up

Very odd that it has such and old operating system still running on it. You might have more success by installing the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your PC and plug your PlayBook into the PC. You can then try and update through the PC instead. By the way, is this new or second-hand?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: playbook 1.0.2.2078
My Carrier: DU

Re: cannot receive updates during set up

Oh, it is new, but because of the old version it was a bargain.
Thanks for the advice; I will just try that