Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: development mode password

rossjackson01 wrote:

Thank you for the comment again Chaosdivine. My bottle has gone now (English for - 'don't want to tinker just in case').

I can't see how changing the passoerd will work as the reboot did not have 'video chat' and that is the programme is use a lot. The only way to get it back was to restore.

Looking forward to BB10 in the new year. Hoping it will have 'skype'. 

Been a good learning curve.

Regards

Ross

Ya, my comment was only an attempt at overcoming the password issue but that was only something to try before you reloaded the OS - I read it in another forum thread and six people thanked him so I took it as a worthwhile shot. The video chat app missing is a mystery to me though after the OS re-do. I would try the OS redo until it comes back. I mean it is part of the 2.1 update. For it to not be there is confusing.

This isn't exactly related to your issue, but in a way it is. When I have sideloaded a few Android apps, their icons haven't shown up on my desktop though the program I used to install them, said everything went smoothly. Without an icon, you can't launch the app. So I just reinstalled the app again and sure enough, the icon appeard and all was well. Once or twice it has taken three installs for the icon to show up. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd try the OS nuke install again and again until it works.

I can't wait for BB OS 10 too but I fully expect bugs and problems with it as well. No OS on any tablet is ever bug free (though I hope there aren't many) - that's something everyone should keep in mind. Hopefully, soon, the BB OS 10 Beta program will open up for the PlayBook. I am going to partake in that event and so are many others. Hopefully we can all squash as many bugs as possible.