Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9550; Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

e-mail won't launch

I was working with my e-mail this morning and all of a sudden it started flashing from white to black.  I shut down the app and tried to relaunch it, and now all it does is get partially launched and then goes black again.  This goes on over and over and over again.  The e-mail app will simply not fully launch.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Re: e-mail won't launch

Are you posting about the Bridged e-mail app on the PlayBook?

Or are you having an issue with an account linked to your 9550?
New Contributor

It is the bridged app on my playbook.  It acts like it wants to launch, but then hangs up, goes black, then trys to launch again.  If I do nothing then it just goes from black to white to black to white, almost flashing.  I can just read "All Messages" at the top left, but then it flashes black and starts loading all over again.

Super Contributor

Have you tried disconnecting your PlayBook from your device, and then connecting again via Bridge?

If that does not work, you will have to delete both devices from each other and pair them again.

If I am having an issue of any kind, I usually delete both pairing and manually pair both devices and connect through Bridge. Usually fixes the issue.
New Contributor

I did disconnect them both, but the pairing is fine.  Everything else works via the bridge, and my e-mails are showing up in the notification list, so it is reading my e-mails.  It is the bridge e-mail app on the playbook that is hanging up, won't launch fully, and then shuts down and tries to launch again. 

Super Contributor

You have cycled the power on your PB as well?
New Contributor

Numerous times, including doing a three-button reset.  Nothing different.  The app still will not launch.  I even tried deleting all of the e-mails from my phone that came in today, just in case there was something in one of them that was causing the hangup. 

Super Contributor

Just to be clear, I know you disconnected your devices from each other, but did you delete the pairing of both devices before trying to reestablish a connection?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

The only way to fix this is to do a security wipe. I've had this issue every two weeks since getting the playbook in April. Yes a day oner. I have refused doing another wipe and am waiting for a fix from RIM Ticket since April. call every week. still same unsolution.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

thanks aandras!  That solved the problem.  Fortunately, I didn't have much loaded on my tablet, and I backed up my data before wiping, so hopefully it won't take much time to reinstall.  At least I have my e-mail back again, as this the PB is so much easier to type on than my Storm II.  Now if I could just deal with my Storm rebooting on its own all the time, then I'd be a very happy camper. 

Thanks again!