Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bt / o2

ebooks on playbook

i down loaded a number of ebooks  on to my playbook , having read some of them i need to remove/ /delete  them from my playbook, icannot find a way of deleting them  help!  regards rob.

iam male 68 years old , we travel a lot. we needed a device to keep in touch with family and freinds, watch videos, send and receive emails etc.
so we gat the playbook, well see how we get on.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

Re: ebooks on playbook

[ Edited ]

Hello.

You haven't said which programme you are using to read the books.

I use 'Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books'.

I have over 250,000 ebooks in a directory called books. Using the programme, I put them into the bookshelf and select and read them. To delete them from the ereader programme library I go the the bookshelf. Press and hold the book. I get an option to delete from the bookshelf. If I delete, this deletes from the programme library and not the directory. I have the 64gb playbook and still have 54gb  available.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ross

Regards to all (except BB)
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: ebooks on playbook

[ Edited ]

It is also a case of format of the eBooks you choose to buy. There are other formats of ebooks available - not always epub or mobi ebooks. PDF's are out there too as I have many. The built in PDF reader for PlayBook by Adobe is terrible though. I would ignore it altogether. If you get PDF ebooks, most definitely buy PDF Reader from Sporadic Software for $0.99. It's amazing.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/108930/?countrycode=CA Now the country code I had to use was Canada but that's where I live so search for PDF Reader and you should bring up your country.

Anyhow, I didn't really answer your question initially but in the end, you can do a lot of file management through the Desktop software (free) that BlackBerry provides, or through a Windows or Mac PC once the PlayBook is connected and shared on the network. Here's a BlackBerry Support article on how to accomplish this sharing: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=DD445F68197CAB4A8EDFF2CF5DABE868?...