Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

email on tablet

I have email on my Playbook but I find it overwhelming to delete it all because I can only figure out how to delete 1 at a time.  Is there a way to just empty the email on there or delete multiple emails? 

And I find the icons down the Right Hand side don't help much cuz I don't know what they mean & I have to click each one to see what it does.. pain in the behind.  I wish it had text with the icon.  It's a chore to use it.. I think I might just delete it unless I can make more sense of it

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: email on tablet

Personally, I don't even setup my email accounts on it. I read/delete email bridged to my BB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

Hello towngirl_04

I have sent you a link so that you can see what the icons mean. Scroll down to the sectiion that explains about learning the playbook. There a number of demonstration that will help you.

I have tried to see if the email allows multiple deletes, but, like you, have been unsuccessful.

I do not have a blackberry phone so cannot use Bridge. I could update on the pc but that is impracticable when I am not as home.

Regards

Ross

Regards to all (except BB)
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

[ Edited ]

Sorry. Forgot to paste. Here is the link

http://uk.blackberry.com/playbook-tablet/playbook-support.jsp

Regards

Regards to all (except BB)
Super Contributor

Thanks very much.  Too bad it doesn't seem to multi-delete because this is a pain in the rump! I will probably remove the email from there.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

There isnt a 'select all' but in the email app, I can swipe down from the top border, and click on the 'Select' button.  This then enables tick boxes to the left of each email, 

You can tick multiple emails and then tap the trash icon.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

You can also hold top email and tap the bottom email to select a block. In portrait mode that's quite a few.

No, I don't seem to be able to highlight a block of them.  Can't even get 2 at 1 time.  I can hold the top email all I want but nothing else highlights when I tap