Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: error 65792 playbook 1

There are a number of posts in this PlayBook forum section with BlackBerry's support phone numbers, I'll repost again here:

NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377

UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466

Europe: +44 1753 558400

Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108

to repeat, this is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration and stated clearly at the top of each page of this forum.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 02

Just had a reply from Blackberry through email and this is what it says.... Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. We are pleased to assist you.

We are investigating this error server and when we have a resolution about this issue we will contact you.

So i guess its just a waiting game peeps..

New Contributor
My Device: BBq%
My Carrier: fido

[ Edited ]

is it ever a wonder how blackberry is still in business after so many customer service blunders? they are on life support and should see every customer as a precious(like smeagle). they can't afford to lose even 1 or 2 loyal customer because these loyalists are the only ones keeping them afloat in the consumer market.

i"ve had this update problem since sunday and i use my playbook for business and pleasure. sadly, i had to wipe my device and now i can't use it cause of this bull**bleep** setup process that requires to update. why don't they allow users to skip that stage of the setup?? in case this happens or when the user doesn't have access to internet. common! not one of those executives thought about it?? now, it is a miracle and a wonder that these **Removed**are still in business.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK; PlayBook is WiFi only

Add to that the idiotic problem I have with contacting Customer Support (it says my email address does not match the registration email address)
The whole matter becomes a comical farce of the first order.
I have switched off my PlayBook.
It is the only way to avoid an anxiety attack.
Techie Charlie.
Trying to stay loyal to BlackBerry.
Currently using BBM on my Android Motorola Moto G
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BBq%
My Carrier: fido

i threw my playbook across the room and its still on the floor since yesterday.

Contributor

J.Sanders.

I just tried that number - the UK toll free number - and ended up more stressed than before.

Which option do I take??

I think it is not for me, as it is more business oriented.

Nice thought though, thanks

Techie Charlie.
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Oh, you wanted stress free?  Smiley Wink

I don't know what option to take, you didn't list the options offered.

(and it's been a year or longer since I've called it).

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

LOL, JS

I also noticed in the list of support options on the PlayBook page, that the phone option was no longer available.

Trying to open a ticket did not work, as it failed to recognise my email address.

I reckon that the server issue has effected that as well.

Annoying, but cannot be helped.

Will wait a week, after that, will give it one more try

Techie Charlie.
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I am as frustrated as everyone about this problem ...  so when the problem is fixed and people are able to set up their playbooks I am hoping those are the posts we see here instead of only hate. 

My playbook broke  (the touch screen would stop working after 10 - 20 minutes of use) and blackberry replaced the unit within a week even thoug it si  out of warranty free of charge.   So I am caught up in this issue because I have to set up the replacement unit. 

I have a friend who has a problem with thier Ipad and because it's out of warrenty apple will only discount a refurb.  

Still frustrated but optimistic that BB will resolve the issue. 

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 GB WiFi
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

A final farewell punch in the gut from Blackberry! Man Frustrated

After spending well over $1000 on Playbooks and accessories over the years, I was in the process of selling off the last one.  My client, and work colleague calls me this morning to report he cannot setup this machine due to the Blackberry server issue, and now is having second thoughts about buying the tablet.  Contacting Blackberry, and getting nowhere with their pathetic email support, further added to his doubt, and posts that indicate it could take upwards of a week to resolve will likely kill the sale.