Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BBq%
My Carrier: fido

Re: error 65792 playbook 1

[ Edited ]

Gooberman wrote:

Hi, all

I have three PlayBooks [well, one is my wifes, one is my eldest sons and the third is mine. My youngest has an iPad].

I personally chose the PB for its size and for my requirements at the time, which haven't changed.

Up until a couple of days ago I was was extremely happy and have not had any issues before.

However as an IT Consultant for 28 years now, mainly working internationally for numerous global banks

I find it difficult to comprehend how a "Tech" company can take this (and the forcasted - if accurate) amount of time to have a server back up and running. Have they not got backups or mirrored DASD [Direct Access Storage Device].

Every company I have ever being employed by since the eighties have the ability to restore to an alternate server and switch to that server to replace faulty or malfunctioning equipment. This process takes a couple of hours [using the slowest method to re-establish service]. if using mirrored servers this process is transparent to the client/customer [i.e. us].

Therefore I do not accept the timescale aforementioned in previous mails and will be endeavoring to contact the CEO's of both Blackberry and RIM for detailed explanations. I will also be trying to get information from either their stockholder meetings or their AGM's [annual general meeting] where the directors have to answer to their share/stock holders.

This will obviously occur well after the resolutions of our current issues, but will hopefully prevent similar occurrences and delays in future.

Please note I have no role or third party interest in Blackberry or RIM other than being a customer.

a back up server would make too much business sense for blackberry and might actually satisfy customers, concepts that is not part or necessary to blackberry"s current success...

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

chance1180, who told you there was no backup server?  could be a software issue ON the server, primary, backup and tertiary.

Point is, you and I neither know what the issue is.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: o2

[ Edited ]

chance1180

Doesn't matter what is the reason. Also company which is not capable to provide their customers with alternative solution [read server] in case like this, should not to be expected to improve their services in futher Smiley Wink

Regards,

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB [x3]
My Carrier: n/a

[ Edited ]

Thanks J.S.

I take, and understand, the point that it could be a software fault on the server, but then that begs the question if the software has been fine prior to the problems, then highly likely an upgrade to the software version running on that server was made [hence once a problem is identified the server could be rolled-back to the backup server to re-instate original software and provide us with the update server until a "Fix" can be applied] which Is the whole point of having backups in place. If it was a Software upgrade, why implement into a "Live" (customer focussed environment) without full testing?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: TMN

[ Edited ]
Good night, the idea of a previous version from a backup I got moved here on the forum

I don't see improvements although they have given a deadline of 7 days (limit) since yesterday to fix something without explanation.

If I were coach of blackberry I noticed the situation, more than temporarily to an earlier version.

Pity not to happen like this in their billing breakdowns ...
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I researched this error further, and it apparently first reared it's ugly head back in March of 2013, and then again recently in December.  I'm not sure what the results were for the clients because they probably dealt directly with BB Support.  Hopefully someone from BB will respond to the problem via this forum, for we are in fact, still their customers.  Please.

New Contributor
My Carrier: non

hello

I got my first playbook yesterday and I got the error 65792.
After having tried to repair and make the update with the BlackBerry Desktop Software I still not succeeded. I'm really disappointed by the lack of information and I would like confirmation if it is the blackberry servers are down or tablet that has a hardware problem to be able to return to SAV.

ps: sorry for the mistakes but I am french

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There are many assumptions going 'round here: server breakdowns, no backup, software failure, seven day deadlines.

If you haven't contacted official support on the issue, then you've done nothing to push the issue in BlackBerry's face for resolution.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: TMN

the problem is theirs since 3 days ago that started it all and don't tell anyone ... just give guesses for the resolution.

The tablet's are ok.
New Contributor
My Carrier: non

ok thank you you are really reactive I will try to contact blackberry