Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9780 & Playbook 32GB & Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Vodafone GR
Accepted Solution

free????????????? playbook offer

hello guys,

i woke up this morning and i received a call from Fedex GR and they told me that the playbook has arrived and it is waiting for me at the custom office in athens. OK i said. Then they told me that i have to pay to take it with me. It is about importing something that has a value. OK again i said. And they told me that i would get a message about the total cost. So far so good. Then i got the e-mail with the bill..... 174,41 euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to pay so many taxes that the free playbook offer is no free at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course i will not pay for it, and i know it is not RIMs problem. They did everything right except they choose the wrong way to send it.

Now can anyone advise what to do next?anyone intrested i can sent a copy of fedex detailed email.

174,41 euros is about 230 usd

and today is my freaking birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: free????????????? playbook offer

5.10 Taxes Each Eligible Participant will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other costs, expenses and fees (including customs tariffs and import duties) which are not stated in the Terms and Conditions as included with the Device.

i know about that. but 230 usd is not taxes and custom tarrifs. it is a complete robbery! in case of standard post office use no taxes and custom tarrif applies if the pagkage is up to 2 kilos.just saying,

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Seems like pure corruption at the Greek customs office to me. Send a private message on this forum to MSohm. He may be able to assist.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Regular Contributor

Custom officials in greece are kind of the richest people around here. and now i discovered why! the most frustrating part is that according to greek law there is nothing i can do about it. only if rim accepts to take it back and sent it again as a regular package with simple post office mail and no courrier servise.(no fedex,ups or dhl but only usps). Anyway thanks for the reply, i sent a message to MSohm and waiting. 

Regular Contributor

OK. I sent a mail to blackberryplaybookoffer@tmgideas.com And they told FedEx to charge their account instead of me. So everything is OK. RIM rocks!!!!!!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

glad you made the effort and posted your solution

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V