Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook RDJ21WW
My Carrier: INET LINK

gps

When I first setup my playbook I turned  off the gps now I would like to turn it back on  

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: gps

I haven't seen an option for the GPS anywhere on the tablet as a standard software or hardware.

I do know that GPS sensor is built in the PB but you have to download the compass and then a map in order for it to work.

WHY, a GPS sensor is built in to the PB and no software to make it operate out of the box is assine.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook RDJ21WW
My Carrier: INET LINK

so would i have turned off the gps sensor    i am sure i turned off something?

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

You cannot disable the GPS sensor. First the GPS to work, take it outside and expose it to a nice clear section of the sky for about 15 or 20 minutes. The GPS will pick up several dozen satellite signals and will be ready for use.
There are several APPS available that use the GPS. One I can suggest is What's Up. It is an excellent Astronomy Program if you want to know what is in the sky at any location in the world.
As for no Apps out of the box, not true.If you open your camera App, and touch the left side of the screen, you will get the zoom control and beneath this is what looks like a bullets. Tap this and your GPS will Gather your location and add geolocation data to your picture. Excellent idea if I may say so.