Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

is blackberry really abandoning the Playbook

so i make the switch from the torch to z10 to find out my PlayBook bridge function has drastically been cut to almost nothing. The ability to open an email or browser Page from your phone onto your playbook via the bridge was a significant capability for me. Because the screen is much larger. And the ability to update, view or delete my phone's calendar , contacts, tasks, and memos on the playbook (larger keyboard and screen) and have it synced immediately to my phone were more important than being able to text message or BBM. After experiencing the blackberry bridge with the older OS and my torch, this new Blackberry 10 bridge with my new z10 is useless. I want a refund for my PlayBook. I could have another tablet that offers more useful and free apps than blackberry world. I am a young business professional and have been a blackberry loyalist for the past 6 years. And waited patiently for them to catch up, while my peers have ALL turned to android or apple. So my hopes is that they will update the PlayBook soon to have the same and better functionality. Or I will have no other choice but to make changes. I must add the Internet connection to the PlayBook is extremely slow via wifi or bridge.

Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Re: is blackberry really abandoning the Playbook

BlackBerry has officially abandoned the PlayBook, stating "there will be no.significant updates released". They promised to bring BB10 to the PlayBook but I believe the PB hardware is too old,.thus too slow for a satisfactory experience. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BB10 needs 2 gig RAM which the Playbook does not have.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook 2
My Carrier: me

If they are niw turning their backs on PB, I am appalled. I bought the PB for access to online PDF's and up til recently it did this fine. However, more recent PDFs will not appear. They download OK, but all I get are blank pages. I'm sure a more up-to-date Adobe Reader would do the trick, but there is no update or alternative available. I bought the PB less than 2 years ago, so I feel robbed and cheated.  It's like buying a car and then finding out it won't drive on new roads. What a rip-off.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

You feel robbed and cheated,  I bought my PB just 6 months ago plus the new PB Mini Keyboard I really feel ripped off. However it does  serve all my needs now for a tablet. I have not troubles with PDF files.